So Taylor Swift is related to Emily Di--ck--inson, the poet

The company Ancestry that is responsable for tracking peoples DNAs to inform about their ancestors has found evidence that Taylor is - distantly - related to the poet Emily Di--ck--inson.

“We need to calm down… but how can we when we have BIG news!?” a post on the Ancestry Instagram account reads. “Renowned American poets Taylor Swift and Emily Di--ck--inson are 6th cousins, three times removed.” The news was first announced on NBC’s “Today.”

Taylor's fans noted that Swift's album “Evermore” was announced in 2020 on December 10, which happens to be Di---ck--inson’s birthday. The title is believed by some to have been inspired by Di--ck--inson’s poem “One Sister Have I in Our House,” which includes the word “forvermore.”

Di--ck--inson, who lived from 1830 to 1886, is known for her poems such as “Because I could not stop for Death” and “‘Hope’ is the thing with feathers.” The writer, who should have been a celebrity in her own time, even wrote about fame like her distant cousin. “Success is counted sweetest/By those who ne’er succeed/ To comprehend a nectar/ Requires sorest need,” Di--ck--inson wrote in her poem, “Success is counted sweetest.”

“Swift and Di--ck--inson both descend from a 17th century English immigrant (Swift’s 9th great-grandfather and Di--ck--inson’s 6th great-grandfather who was an early settler of Windsor, Connecticut),” according to Ancestry.

If you can't stand Taylor, then have a taste of Emily's poetry:

“Hope” is the thing with feathers

BY EMILY D-I-C-KINSON

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -

That perches in the soul -

And sings the tune without the words -

And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -

And sore must be the storm -

That could abash the little Bird

That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -

And on the strangest Sea -

Yet - never - in Extremity,

It asked a crumb - of me.

GettyImages-171135660-00819da09c0b445abb

source

EDITION.CNN.COM

Turns out Taylor Swift was spot on naming her forthcoming album “The Tortured Poets Department.”
Edited by Fita
  • Love 1
  • Super Mods
10 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Not to sound ignorant but I never understood what 6th cousins, 7th cousins or basically any cousins more than your regular cousins meant.

What does that mean? 

It means they are cousins so distant that they are at that point not even. your cousins anymore. At that point you can actually procreate with them without the risk of DNA anomalies in the child as the DNA is too distant.

So Taylor is related to Emily probably as much as you and I are lol 

But swifties and taylor herself will make sure we never heard the end of this.

Britney is also a distant relative or Marilyn Monroe but you dont hear her obsessing over it

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

It means they are cousins so distant that they are at that point not even. your cousins anymore. At that point you can actually procreate with them without the risk of DNA anomalies in the child as the DNA is too distant.

So Taylor is related to Emily probably as much as you and I are lol 

But swifties and taylor herself will make sure we never heard the end of this.

Britney is also a distant relative or Marilyn Monroe but you dont hear her obsessing over it

Oh wow that’s interesting.

My best friend told me she actually found out she’s a descendant of Abraham Lincoln.

Its interesting.

I wish I was related to a famous person :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block