Oops…I Did It Again Appreciating Thread

Just found my love for the Oops-Album again and wanted to appreciate this Masterpiece. 

It was my first Britney Album (Casette) and i used to listen to it all day long during summer vacation. 

- It‘s the best Cover of all her Albums

- Oops (Song) is one of her strongest vocal performances- the verses are insane (Grammy-Worthy)

- As a whole it defines what the world remembers from Britney the most. 

- It‘s the better BOMT even it was rushed but it‘s very cohesive and it‘s bop after bop. 

- It cemented her status as superstar. 

My favorites are: Oops, Stronger, Lucky, One Kiss From You and Can‘t Make You Love Me.

It stood the test of time having over 1.100.000.000 billion streams and daily streams of over 700k - making it one of the most streamed album of the 00s. 

While it broke sale records back then and became one of the best selling records of all time (over 20million) - it also gained 2 Grammy nominations (Best Pop Album and Best Vocal Performance (Oops - Song).

Noteworthy: Oops, Lucky and DLMBTLTK where NOT released as physical singles in the US because her label had the strategy to push album sales. 

What are your thoughts about this Album? What are your favorites? Who else think it‘s one of her best? 

Discuss! 

• Love 8
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I love this album so much!

I discovered her through this era when I was little.

It has some of her best vocals and videos.

You're right that this is a better version of BOMT.

It’s more cohesive, polished and has less fillers.

Almost every song could’ve been a single with a video.

Its too bad DLMBTLTK killed the momentum of this album, she should’ve released WUSIWYG instead.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I love this album so much!

I discovered her through this era when I was little.

It has some of her best vocals and videos.

You're right that this is a better version of BOMT.

It’s more cohesive, polished and has less fillers.

Almost every song could’ve been a single with a video.

Its too bad DLMBTLTK killed the momentum of this album, she should’ve released WUSIWYG instead.

Absolutely and i even think they should have stretched out that era by releasing a 5th/6th single

• Like 2

Oops was when I really fell in live with her, the vmas performance kinda sealed the deal. It was the first album I asked my parents to buy me. And they liked her first album too, so they bought me Oops as well, and enjoyed the album too. Girl in the mirror is still one of my mother's fav songs. It really was a better version of bomt, and the name Oops was just so fitting, that she ruled the world again. Oops, another hit!

• Love 3
  • Like 2

It’s her biggest era and maybe even defining and I think fans are delusional if they think otherwise. If it’s not oops it’s baby. When ppl think britney they think this eras photo shoot on products at every major retailer, they think of the 3 iconic videos, the outfits, the songs I mean it’s her entire essence to the general public 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

It’s her biggest era and maybe even defining and I think fans are delusional if they think otherwise. If it’s not oops it’s baby. When ppl think britney they think this eras photo shoot on products at every major retailer, they think of the 3 iconic videos, the outfits, the songs I mean it’s her entire essence to the general public 

Exactly, sometimes i wish she extended that era a little more with more singles or a special edition with a new song…

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I really like Oops. It's one of my favorite B albums. It has such undeniable fire tracks like stronger, lucky, crazy. My favorites:

Don't go knocking on my door

Stronger

Lucky

What you see is what you get

I sometimes ask myself which one do I prefer Oops or BOMT. Today I'd say BOMT - because it's more classic and in a way more genuine and natural. But if you want a undeniable super certified album with Britney's signature in it then Oops - this one reaffirms what went right on BOMT. But BOMT is such an unique album, not trying so hard, even though Oops is GREAT even if tries to reaffirm Britney's strong moves from 1998. I don't know, both are good.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1

It’s definitely up there with the best of her albums.  They should have pulled the Britney album treatment with oops instead, there was at least 2-3 more songs that were single worthy.  
Then with the Britney album they should have made it with the same amount of singles as it had, but as a double album with the original concept of “Britney” + a crossroads soundtrack.  Shania Twain did a double album and got a third diamond even though it sold similar to the Britney album.  Could have been her third diamond.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block