Britney Spears pending RIAA certifications

I know that a few months ago most of Britney’s discography got an update from RIAA; however, I think that there are some certifications still pending:

- Baby one more time (15x platinum)
- Oops I did it again (11x platinum)
- Britney (album) (5x platinum)

- I’m not a girl not yet a woman (Gold)
- Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (2x platinum)
- The singles collection (Gold)
- Femme Fatale (2x platinum)

- Slumber Party (Gold)
- Glory (Gold)

What do you guys think? Am I wrong? 

I find it hard to believe that some albums haven’t change since its last certification more than 10 years ago.

It’s a shame that US certifications are paid unlike UK certifications.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

These certifications are pretty meaningless to be honest and I think people give them way too much weight.

All this means is that Britney or someone in her camp paid RIAA to run a certification to confirm how many albums have been sold, but it's still not 100% accurate - hence why you see and hear different numbers based on who you ask.

It's kind of like getting an autograph certification (https://www.spenceloa.com/). You pay the agency to run a check and they determine whether an autograph is real or not, but it's still based on their opinion. You just hope that the agency is reputable.

Well the same goes for RIAA, they just happen to be the largest record sale certification agency out there. In the end, RIAA will only certify you if you pay them so just because an artist doesn't have their sales certified by RIAA, doesn't mean they didn't have sales.

So take their data for what it is. For the record, Billboard does their own certifications too which is why you'll get different numbers from both.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block