Britney songs that in your opinion could've been better

Title.

Trouble For Me: The awkward pause between the end of the bridge and the last chorus wasn't there on the demo of the song, and I think it was better/catchier that way.

If I'm Dancing: In comparison to every other part of the song, the chorus seems weak imo. Or maybe it just needs to grow on me idk

Both are still great songs!

Edited by FFBetterThanBlackout
  • Like 2

Now That I Found You... I can't with the repeated verses and whatnot. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Private Show, if she dialed back the nasal shrieking and used more of her lower register and her falsettos it'd be better, slow the tempo a bit too :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

ooh la la  exists, it... Couldn't? 

• Like 2

oh wow agree with all of these.

now I feel one song that could be better - not that it’s not already perfect, but we could’ve gotten an extended mix of breathe on me that explores the elements under the voice, a version that’s a bit more slow maybe and more dramatic, I just feel the song could’ve been 6 minutes long 

• Love 1

I love he about to lose me but I just wish the chorus grabs me the same way the verses do. 

Drop dead beautiful without Sabi. Say no more. 

I agree that shattered glass felt unfinished.

controversial but I’d rather MaTM without Madonna 

I run away - would loved the long note to have not been over produced 

• Like 2

(I Got That) Boom Boom would have been better without the Ying Yang Twins but I appreciate the song a lot more now than I did when I first heard it.

Chillin' With You would sound better if it had a chorus that was more in line with the acoustic verses... that awful beat drop didn't help.

• Super Mods

Mind Your Business - Could've easily been another banger with Will.i.am but ended up being trash and very dated

(which obviously it is cause it was made in 2013)

And basically all of the Britney Jean album could've been better if she was allowed to sing on it instead of Myah Marie.

• Love 1

Manjobi - the ending!?!?!?!? also it gets too repetitive after a while.

Big Fat Bass - too long, after hearing the ff tour version and the promo tour remix, the og is nothing.

Born To Make You Happy (the note change at the end chorus didn't sit well with me, but the rest of the song is great)

6 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Mind Your Business - Could've easily been another banger with Will.i.am but ended up being trash and very dated

(which obviously it is cause it was made in 2013)

And basically all of the Britney Jean album could've been better if she was allowed to sing on it instead of Myah Marie.

I'm telling you rn, MYB samples the beginning background music/vocals of Scream & Shout at the end.

in Britney Jean, the only good stuff was Alien, Passenger, Perfume and WORK. 

Also how does Jamie Lynn get a feature?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Britneystanley said:

I love he about to lose me but I just wish the chorus grabs me the same way the verses do. 

Drop dead beautiful without Sabi. Say no more. 

I agree that shattered glass felt unfinished.

controversial but I’d rather MaTM without Madonna 

I run away - would loved the long note to have not been over produced 

Britney never performed MATM with Madonna, did she? So many performances and they still have Madonna's vocals on there + on her yt channel there's no ft. Madonna so :|

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

Manjobi - the ending!?!?!?!? also it gets too repetitive after a while.

Big Fat Bass - too long, after hearing the ff tour version and the promo tour remix, the og is nothing.

Born To Make You Happy (the note change at the end chorus didn't sit well with me, but the rest of the song is great)

And Make Me... (no G-Eazy) cuz his rap verse ruins the whole song... it sounded better when they did the Me, Myself & I medley

Trip To Your Heart- the chorus is kinda weak 

Most of the BJ Album tbh. The glitch in Alien, and it could’ve been longer and the horrible heavily edited auto tune on It Should Be Easy is atrocious. Also Till It’s Gone, Body Ache and Tik Tik Boom sound unfinished. 

Edited by Alieniated3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, PolySpears said:

I'm telling you rn, MYB samples the beginning background music/vocals of Scream & Shout at the end.

in Britney Jean, the only good stuff was Alien, Passenger, Perfume and WORK. 

Also how does Jamie Lynn get a feature?

MYB seems like it was supposed to be the sequel to Scream and Shout but it just fell flat.

If it came out when it was actually recorded, I could see it being a moderate hit but the fact that it wasn't released until a decade later and there are rumors that Myah Marie sang it, no wonder it became the biggest flop of her career.

Agree although I do like Brightest Morning Star and Til Its Gone.

Idk.

I'm surprised she agreed to do the duet considering Britney didn't even sing on it.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:27 AM, davidspears said:

Shattered glass - just felt a bit unfinished. 

Clumsy - sounded like a demo if I'm honest.

Yes I always thought Shattered Glass was a worse Kill The Lights (which should've been a single instead of Radar, who should've been a Blakckout single) tbh

As for Clumsy, while it could be better, I absolutely love that song :)

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block