Jennifer Lopez releases new album 'This is Me...Now'

Fita

39NtIMB.gif

After a gap of 10 years (and last year's waiting), J Lo's finally releasing her new album called 'This is me...Now' as sort of a response and a celebration to her 2002 album 'This is me...Then' from the time she was dating Ben Affleck - her now husband. Jennifer said that the love and joy she has been feeling with her marriage/life inspired her to create new songs again. Along with the album, her movie 'This is me... Now: A Love Story' is available now too, on Prime Video. 

Now listen to the songs and tell us if you have any favorites, okay? :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

Deluxe:

Edited by Fita
  • Love 2

Wow. A major snooze fest from beginning to end. She said this may be her last album, good 😂 Her prime was 2011-13. You’d think she release more bangers but this album just ain’t it. After a 10 year break you release this? It’s 2024 Jlo you gotta step it UP. 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Haha 2

I listened to almost half of it last night before bed, without headphones, and i really liked the album so far. I ll continue today with headphones so i can hear the beats better.
“This is me.. then” is one my fave albums ever and i dont understand ppl saying they found this album boring. Have u listened to “this is me .. then”? Its supposed to have ballad-ish rnb songs… did u expect “waiting for tonight” kind of songs? 

Edited by 3Pney

After the title track and Can't Get Enough I found myself very excited for the album, and I loved it from start to finish.

This Is Me Now title track was very good but I don't think it should've opened the album.

To Be Yours is the best track from the album and possibly contender for her best song in her entire career (then again, Invading My Mind, Hypnotico and If You Had My Love all exist).

Can't Get Enough sounds exactly how a R&B song from the early 2000s would and it feels incredibly nostalgic and new.

Broken Like Me made me worry about J.Lo's emotional and mental health. Her vocals were heartbreaking...

Hearts and Flowers was a soft bop and referenced Jenny From The Block.

This Time Around was really neat but also once again made me question if J.Lo's relationship with Ben is healthy.

It's a very cohesive album and possibly her magnum opus. J.Lo unexpectedly redeemed herself here and I sincerely hope her and Ben are happy. 

Edited by FFBetterThanBlackout
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I think she did a great job. It’s cohesive, it feels like what she described it would be, and yeah she’s not giving us operatic vocals but she has improved and is working what she’s got. 

I personally love rebound and broken like me and to be yours. The opening to greatest love story never told was a bit weird to me but I loved how it ended. 

good for her for doing what she wants and pursuing her dreams. I ain’t mad at her 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Prince Ali said:

Meh, no BOPs or bangers? A bit of a snoozefest... no track stands out.. It's shocking she could have all the best producers in the world and yet releases such a boring album... So disappointed..

Like This Is Me... Then, the prequel to this album, it primarily features slower R&B tracks, but has high points. Jenny From The Block exists, but it's a standout from the other tracks and is different (in a good way) to the rest of the album, but that doesn't mean that it's the only good track there. Even slower albums sometimes need a little spice for some of the songs, and I think This Is Me... Now delivered it with To Be Yours, Can't Get Enough (and possibly Rebound), while staying a cohesive experience. The fact the tracks don't really stand out from each other is a testament to the level of quality being consistent in all tracks and once again (I'm starting to sound like a broken record), its cohesiveness.

This Is Me... Now is not a bad album at all. Production and songwriting-wise, it's very good like the other J.Lo albums, but vocally? She outdid herself. I didn't hear any Ashanti stolen vocals (but then again, I didn't recognize her voice when she did steal)! If it's not your taste, that's completely fine, music is subjective, but I'm stanning this album so hard right now and PRAYING To Be Yours is released as a single and becomes a hit :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I just listened to the entire album and honestly the tracks are BETTER than the singles that were released.

It’s much better than I expected.

my favorites are:

Rebound (Feat Anuel AA) - should’ve been the lead single or should be the next single

Greatest Love Story Never Told.

It’s cheesy and sappy on some of the songs but it’s still a really good album.

I give it an 8/10

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block