J Lo's autobiographic movie 'This Is Me…Now: A Love Story' is getting good reviews

Fita

The movie is directed by Dave Meyers and written by J Lo and Matt Walton and now released at Prime Video and people are already saying good things on Rotten Tomatoes, 83% on tomatometer and rated at 6.90/10 (12 reviews at the moment). Read the reviews below:

J.Lo has delivered an over-the-top song-and-dance camptacular, both gravely serious and deliriously funny, providing one cuckoo moment after another.

This Is Me…Now: A Love Story is as grandiose as it is thrilling, its audacity cackling at haters with every over-the-top bit. If you wanted feigned humbleness, don't look to pop icons. Look to politicians. JLo isn't playing that game.

I was vibrating to the tips of my fingers regardless, because whatever this is – movie, music video, open-door therapy session, entirely insane CG-drenched R&B cheese dream – it is a modern-day pop-art tour de force.

A curious blend of Hallmark movie, music video, and self-help seminar, 'Love Story' is enjoyably bizarre and will serve as a fun fling for die-hard Lopez fans.

TRAILER:

Edited by Fita
  • Love 2

I’m excited for the tour, too. Honestly just feel like I don’t have a lot to look forward to so far musically, but I’m interested in this. Guess we’ll find out this weekend. I did listen to This Is Me… Then yesterday and I thought was…. fine. But I’m sure the concert will at the very least be fun. 

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, VCTR said:

I’m excited for the tour, too. Honestly just feel like I don’t have a lot to look forward to so far musically, but I’m interested in this. Guess we’ll find out this weekend. I did listen to This Is Me… Then yesterday and I thought was…. fine. But I’m sure the concert will at the very least be fun. 

This is me then is a vibe for me :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: specially the one, dear Ben and still. I like that it's basically the sound of the 90/early 2000s in r&b/pop scene.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Fita said:

This is me then is a vibe for me :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: specially the one, dear Ben and still. I like that it's basically the sound of the 90/early 2000s in r&b/pop scene.

Oh my god! That’s pretty much what my thoughts were! But I also listened to Love which also felt very much of that time so I heard a lot of that the past two days so in the moment it felt like a lot. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, VCTR said:

Oh my god! That’s pretty much what my thoughts were! But I also listened to Love which also felt very much of that time so I heard a lot of that the past two days so in the moment it felt like a lot. 

Yes! I don't know, there's something also about the memories it evokes in me. It's chill.

49 minutes ago, icybaby said:

I can't wait to see it. I liked it from the trailer and good reviews r also a good sign

I think that if it has the fun that those romantic comedies she does + her authenticity in scenes that tells depthness of her life, therapy, thoughts, frustrations in marriages, then might be interesting. That's why I kinda feel like watching it. But I don't have Prime Video.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Fita said:

I think that if it has the fun that those romantic comedies she does + her authenticity in scenes that tells depthness of her life, therapy, thoughts, frustrations in marriages, then might be interesting. That's why I kinda feel like watching it. But I don't have Prime Video.

There is download links out there. I just watched half of it and it is pretty amazing. Love rebound and broken like me. I really think it is better to watch movie with all songs  than just listen the album. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, icybaby said:

There is download links out there. I just watched half of it and it is pretty amazing. Love rebound and broken like me. I really think it is better to watch movie with all songs  than just listen the album. 

I agree. I feel when I have a deep connection with the visuals then I like the songs more.

Edited by Fita

The movie was pretty good. I enjoyed it and her performance is strong. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

My only personal little "disappointment" is all the songs did not get a visual and a few of them were cut short. 2 or 3 tracks were rolling during the credits, which it was kinda bummer because it takes away something special about the album. But in general, it's a very enjoyable film delivered by this female entertainer whom I do know. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Spoiler

:idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block