The Femme Fatale Tour Thread

FOR ME it's the 2nd best Britney tour. While there was a lesser amount of dancing, the props, and the stage set was great at making that unnoticeable. The interludes' costumes and story tie into the performances, which is clever. Then there's her mic; it's a real, working mic that she used at least 5-6 times if not more. The live or pre-recorded vocals for ...Baby One More Time are realistic - it's not just the original 1998 vocals playing over new music.
And the remixes :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: (Hollywood If U Seek Amy, Egyptian Gimme More & Japanese Toxic etc. are so good thanks to the live-sounding vocals). 

Femme Fatale Tour (Live From Toronto):  

• Love 4

Coming from The Circus Tour it was super easy to underestimate Femme Fatale Tour back in the day, I remember being there and feeling a bit underwhelmed. But now rewatching it I can see how good and well put together the tour was, it looked so good and IAS4U with the original choreo is such a highlight, I LOVE IT!!!

• Like 2

It's crazy to see the tour be more appreciated over the years. It got a bad reception at the time. And we all know Britney wasn't 100% okay during the tour, but she felt more comfortable during the European shows (maybe because she didn't have the constaints of the cship outside of the US?). I also remember watching the video where she got to see the stage for the first time and she seemed really excited lol it was cute to watch

This was my first time seeing Britney live and one of my first proper concerts, it was a lot of fun, I remember getting bad quality photos/videos on my Blackberry phone at the time, some of the videos are on my YouTube account but they're private nn. The pre-show countdown was such a bop and really got the crowd hyped. 

The tour concept/stage design were really good, they used a good amount of props for the performances and I really liked a lot of the remixes. I appreciate that Britney recorded new vocals to use rather than lipsynching to 20+ year ones.

Only criticisms: The DVD could have been better edited imo. I wish the European leg got the catwalk and the flying platform used for the Piece Of Me/Till the World Ends performances (think I read there was transportation issues?), it sucks they also removed He About To Lose Me and Burning Up from the setlist. I wish Britney could have performed Inside Out and Criminal too.

Also sadly, I had to part with the shirt I bought from the tour recently. It's gotten really worn out and shrunk over the years, and doesn't really fit me anymore, so it had to go. I had it for 12 years though which is a long time to keep a shirt!

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1

Britney’s movements were verrryyy slow and labored during this tour. I’m sure her team had her doped up on antipsychotics at this time. That *may* have been what she needed at the time - but in that case - she should have been AT HOME RESTING, not doing an entire world tour that her body and mind were not prepared to handle!!!! 
I HATE this FF time period bc Britney was obviously in NO WAY capable of working like a dog doing this tour. The music and tour were still good bc Britney is very talented, but her poor facial expressions and body language showed she was NOT OKAY. 
I think Britney does have severe mental health issues but I thinK her family members used her health against her to get rich off her hard work. It is SUCH a f’d up situation. To this day I don’t understand why the hell the court put her father in charge of her. ANYONE ELSE would have been a better choice!!! 

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, e_ffen said:

The only Britney tour I ever got to experience 😭 I had a great time though! Got to go 4 times that year with various different groups of friends and it was a summer for the books!! 

Me too, first time. I remember I tho how blonde Britney was , it was surreal.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block