Britney's story is being staged as a play at the Berliner Ensemble.

It's not a play with several actors. It's one actress who is known for woman power. She says that she highlights several aspects for example the way the press treats Britney as if she were not a person but an object to be torn apart. It all sounds good, and I don't know how she will treat the topics of forced labor etc.

Edited by Hamelia
  • Like 2

Knew further dramatizations would come. I'm not sure how one would go about portraying it without things feeling exploitative. It's safe to assume this project doesn't have Britney's blessing. Of course, something can seek to make money and still be a force for good. Sort of opens up a can of worms as regards how much Britney's story belongs to the wider world, as much as that may frustrate her, as a cautionary tale and mirror to society.

22 hours ago, pubsluft said:

The first show for tonight is already sold out. :mjpopcorn_Michael_Jackson_popcorn_chew_eat_movie_watch_thriller:

Trailer in the link below. 

https://www.berliner-ensemble.de/en/node/1

Queen of culture :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

11 hours ago, rocXtar said:

I’ve seen the initial version in Berlin and it was respectful , academic and artsy . I thought it was doing her justice 

yeah saw it last march. was very thoughtful, feminist, deep, moving, touching, respectful and tasteful.

first shows were 2022 I think.

the reviews were very good and it was the talk of the town and continues to be sold out

18 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Another “play”? Who asked for this?

22 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

nnnn that looks so so bad and with so much bad taste! :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

06_Britney_foto_JR%20Berliner%20Ensemble

08_Britney_foto_JR%20Berliner%20Ensemble

Also, have they licensed her music for this? or they'll do the same 'Britney ever after' did? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

1. Is it like the trashy Britney Ever After (which had a set design that doesn't even look remotely like the real stuff (Example: 2007 VMAs stage portrayed in this "movie" is way too small for even a small portion of the Irl choreography))?
  2. Is it like Once Upon A One More Time?
  3. Will Britney, who has expressed interest in playwriting, be involved directly?
Edited by PolySpears

Okay a bunch of you need to get to know some basics: Artistic freedom means you are allowed to write plays and fiction about a real person. Its still fiction.
There have been 10's and maybe more shows about britney. In Denmark we recently had one, and now the creators have moved on to a Pamela Andersen play. 
I know Australia had a cabaret, and there have been many all over the world we dont hear about. 
it doesnt mean Britney have said go for it, or had anything to do with it at all, because its fiction. They dont need her approval. 

Music they get from the national music rights organisation, and there are different ways to get permission to use the music. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 10:45 AM, PolySpears said:
  1. Is it like the trashy Britney Ever After (which had a set design that doesn't even look remotely like the real stuff (Example: 2007 VMAs stage portrayed in this "movie" is way too small for even a small portion of the Irl choreography))?
  2. Is it like Once Upon A One More Time?
  3. Will Britney, who has expressed interest in playwriting, be involved directly?

None of it all.  Read the posts above .

it was something that needed to be done especially considering the German perception of Britney. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block