13 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

Lol slumber party broke the internet when it dropped I just don’t know why they waited so long to drop it. She also needed to drop an uptempo song for the gp. I want better or love me down to go viral they are catchy asf….way better than selfish Whitney Houston Reaction GIF

Whitney Houston Reaction GIF
I remember it was #1 on YouTube for a day or two 

Whitney Houston Reaction GIF

it went platinum in this house though

Edited by rik
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

That was in 2007 don’t even try it. It was also considered a FLOP following primeney. Not Funny GIF

Are you delusional? The leaks were so bad that Jive records rush-released it to help fight the illegal downloads. The album leaked a month ahead of its release and they pushed up the release by 2 weeks. 

Music piracy was at its HIGHEST back then because you didn't have streaming so if anything, Blackout should've done worse. 

Saying that Glory leaking days before the released is the reason for its overall failure is beyond laughable. People just didn't care about it and still don't. Plain and simple...

Stay mad that your favorite album is there with Britney Jean.

10 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

It was all sabotage I mean her team released the song on a Tuesday…. When billboard doesn’t start tracking new songs until Friday… so the song already missed out on having a higher chart debut

but I do remember the song broke the internet it was trending on YouTube, watchmojo included it in hot songs of November 2016, etc people were definitely talking about that song. 

but we got no promo,  no award shows, no interviews, talks shows, absolutely nothing!

No award shows? She performed 'Make Me' at the VMAs the same week of the album release.

It got the same promo as 'Blackout'....

Sometimes you just have to acknowledge that a bad album just won't perform well. The GP just didn't care about it...

10 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Blackout had a lot of unofficial promo tho doesn’t count 

Um, what does that even mean?

If anything, there is more "unofficial promo" happening now with so much access to social media. We had MySpace in 2007...

Stop reaching....

5 minutes ago, Sia said:

No award shows? She performed 'Make Me' at the VMAs the same week of the album release.

It got the same promo as 'Blackout'....

Sometimes you just have to acknowledge that a bad album just won't perform well. The GP just didn't care about it...

Girl bye! It’s  one of her most respected albums by fans and critics. Newsflash you’re in the minority here…so HANG IT UPWhitney Houston Reaction GIF

14 minutes ago, Sia said:

Are you delusional? The leaks were so bad that Jive records rush-released it to help fight the illegal downloads. The album leaked a month ahead of its release and they pushed up the release by 2 weeks. 

Music piracy was at its HIGHEST back then because you didn't have streaming so if anything, Blackout should've done worse. 

Saying that Glory leaking days before the released is the reason for its overall failure is beyond laughable. People just didn't care about it and still don't. Plain and simple...

Stay mad that your favorite album is there with Britney Jean.

Sweetie are YOU delusional they were so in a rush that they let everyone listen to the album for free on mtv.com? Those were two DIFFERENT moments in her career…any album after four years following a perfect streak of hit albums is more likely to be successful than a great album following a flop with a **** marketing plan. If u dislike this album so much gtfo this thread Over It Smiling GIF by Pretty Dudes

Edited by Donavan Ward
3 minutes ago, Donavan Ward said:

Girl bye! It’s  one of her most respected albums by fans and critics. Newsflash you’re in the minority here…so HANG IT UPWhitney Houston Reaction GIF

Yes, so respected and loved by fans that it couldn't even crack 500,000 copies sold.

The only minority I'm in is the group of those that bought the album. Glad we finally agree on something.

I bought it....but only because it's Britney. The album sucks...

6 minutes ago, Donavan Ward said:

Sweetie are YOU delusional they were so in a rush that they let everyone listen to the album for free on mtv.com? Those were two DIFFERENT moments in her career…any album after four years following a perfect streak of hit albums is more likely to be successful than a great album following a flop with a **** marketing plan. If u dislike this album so much gtfo this thread Over It Smiling GIF by Pretty Dudes

You're just mad that your favorite album is one of her least liked and you're trying to create a world where it's the most amazing thing on Earth.

It flopped, nobody cares about it (even today). Your obsession with its failure is just as bad as Britney talking about Justin Timberlake 20 years later. Let...it...go....

1 minute ago, Sia said:

Yes, so respected and loved by fans that it couldn't even crack 500,000 copies sold.

The only minority I'm in is the group of those that bought the album. Glad we finally agree on something.

I bought it....but only because it's Britney. The album sucks...

Baby you think I care about your opinion? Save it for Oprah. And b/o isn’t her best seller either but it’s more respected than her best seller thanks for proving my point. Not Funny GIF

1 minute ago, Sia said:

You're just mad that your favorite album is one of her least liked and you're trying to create a world where it's the most amazing thing on Earth.

It flopped, nobody cares about it (even today). Your obsession with its failure is just as bad as Britney talking about Justin Timberlake 20 years later. Let...it...go....

Girl you are in my thread. Talking about an album you claim you don’t like. Yet Britney already got ha coins from you boo…she won and I did tooWhitney Houston No GIF

22 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

How much has this masterpiece sold?  How many more sales or streams would get it a atleast a gold certification? This album is one Britney was actually passionate about, and wrote on. It deserves to be gold b/c her true fans value her input and efforts. She would also receive money since she wrote a lot of the songs. mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Okay but Britney doesn't care about the sales, charts ... Or at least doesn't demonstrate to care.

Secondly, girl, she's already rich, so.

It might be fun to listen to Glory's songs in a refreshed way, anyways. :)

3 minutes ago, Fita said:

Okay but Britney doesn't care about the sales, charts ... Or at least doesn't demonstrate to care.

Secondly, girl, she's already rich, so.

It might be fun to listen to Glory's songs in a refreshed way, anyways. :)

Chile that’s what she says now. When it dropped she said “I pay attention the the numbers to see where it’s at” b/c this project was ha baby.

I bought 3 copies: the EU deluxe edition and the Japanese and Taiwanese tour editions. The latter is amazing, that's one of my all time favorites. But I don't really like Glory as an album, it's mediocre. I know she was finally motivated to do something she actually liked, but it doesn't feel like a Britney album at all, or it's like a collection of B-sides and bonus tracks.

So I was like ok, I did what I needed to do as a fan, I've spent my money on it, but I hope the next album was going to be better and more exciting. Aaaaand turned out it was her last.

2 hours ago, DarielXO said:

I bought 3 copies: the EU deluxe edition and the Japanese and Taiwanese tour editions. The latter is amazing, that's one of my all time favorites. But I don't really like Glory as an album, it's mediocre. I know she was finally motivated to do something she actually liked, but it doesn't feel like a Britney album at all, or it's like a collection of B-sides and bonus tracks.

So I was like ok, I did what I needed to do as a fan, I've spent my money on it, but I hope the next album was going to be better and more exciting. Aaaaand turned out it was her last.

Give me your stan card. Glory > itz Whitney Houston Reaction GIF

6 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

Baby you think I care about your opinion? Save it for Oprah. And b/o isn’t her best seller either but it’s more respected than her best seller thanks for proving my point. Not Funny GIF

You care enough to have responded for several pages. Don’t embarrass yourself.

When Britney calls Glory her best work, then you can call me.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block