Do you agree with this comment about the book?

On 12/11/2023 at 1:32 PM, Eternalhouse said:

And personally, I kinda felt stressed and depressed reading the parts of the abuse.

The way my ******* blood pressure spiked when Britney said Robin would share her medical and ***ual history with every man BEFORE THE FIRST DATE. That means Jason, David, Charlie and Sam ALL KNEW about stuff about Britney's history that probably her own siblings and children didn't know. All before the first date. Thankfully, we did find out from the book that none of them were PR relationships and that she did actually love all of them. (Except for David, who is literally her only relationship that we know of who wasn't mentioned in the book...)

But can you imagine if any of those boyfriends had been a PR stunt? The way I wouldn't have been able to look a man in the EYES after that, especially if they weren't actually interested in me.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

The way my ******* blood pressure spiked when Britney said Robin would share her medical and ***ual history with every man BEFORE THE FIRST DATE. That means Jason, David, Charlie and Sam ALL KNEW about stuff about Britney's history that probably her own siblings and children didn't know. All before the first date. Thankfully, we did find out from the book that none of them were PR relationships and that she did actually love all of them. (Except for David, who is literally her only relationship that we know of who wasn't mentioned in the book...)

But can you imagine if any of those boyfriends had been a PR stunt? The way I wouldn't have been able to look a man in the EYES after that, especially if they weren't actually interested in me.

I wondered whether it is legal do so even if they all signed a nondisclosure contract. When I asked this question, someone answered only professional caregivers are bound by HIPPA laws. Maybe Robin fulfilled that role which would make her a law breaker. I think there was a purpose to mention it in Britney's book beyond the fact that Robin's disclosure was disgusting.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Everything I needed to know about the cruelty of the conservatorship was summed up with the line about trading her freedom for naps with her babies.  

What other tragic, disgusting, vile, depraved garbage they put her through do you need to know?  That paints a pretty vivid picture to me.  Maybe you don't have kids?

• Like 1

I honestly think that before the book there was such a distance between the "old" and "new" Britney that many of us would agree they are different persons. 

With the book, there is only one Britney, she has built a bridge and things are way more clear and put in perspective.

So my opinion is that the book is really well written and gives as much as Britney is comfortable, without hiding an elephant in the room.

Plus she cannot leave her childhood and love life behind when they play a huge role to the concequences she is dealing with.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Not just "her own siblings and her children didn't know"...maybe Britney didn't even know. Who knows what exactly that freak Robin was telling them. And why was that necessary anyway? Ugh.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 11:02 AM, LaLohan said:

Yesterday I read a comment on twitter I think and it stuck with me (didn't bookmark) They said that the book was actually a wasted opportunity to actually discuss the time of the conservatorship and everything they put her through in details (her human rights being taken away for example) and instead she chose to talk about JT and Kevin etc.... making the whole ordeal seem "superficial"

Obviously there are legalities which she can´t discuss.. and the media played a huge role by fixating on the Justin parts.. But to a certain degree I kind of agree? :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:  I think that a shift definitely happened in how seriously the gp is taking the whole thing.

Thoughts? Discuss :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

I respect Britney Spears' right to disclose as she sees fit but agree with you that the focus needs to be on the conditions these arrangements force on people.  Those who’ve never gotten so much as a traffic ticket have less rights than the worst child mo****er if under conservatorship/guardianship.  No matter the crime, courts must provide a determinate sentence - the date the sentence will end.  Not so with most conservatorships/guardianships. 

Worse, an entire industry has quietly evolved around conservatorship/guardianship; the mental health professionals who decide everyone referred to them is incompetent, the judges who rubber-stamp that determination, the guardian ad-litems, the attorney ad-litems, etc. all depend on being able to rob - er, liquidate - someone else's cash & property to fund their own expensive lifestyles.  It's not just the wealthy who are targeted either; any property owner is also at risk.  Some laws have been changed, but they're only as good as they're enforced.  And states have differing laws – they’re not always the same.

Since nothing can change for the better or improve without all facts being known, what’s needed first of all is a federally-run, free, publicly available, online database listing every case where a U.S. citizen has been deemed unable to handle their own affairs.  And all players in each case, from those submitting initial “letters of concern” to the high-profile legal professionals often involved all need to be listed.  Sound impossible? 

The U.S. census bureau has a database tracking the race/ethnicity, income level, age, academic achievement, etc. of every citizen within each tract on every block of each community in all 50 states.  Every prescription for each U.S. citizen is tracked in another database.  There are also databases that track membership in violent street gangs.

A database tracking loss of civil rights (via conservatorship, guardianship, or involuntary commitment) is not far-fetched or impossible.  This federally run database will make it much easier to identify suspicious practices and notate areas of concern.  It would assist in differentiating between someone just helping a needy relative, and someone who’s simultaneously responsible for 500 wards, all in uninhabitable living conditions without access to their own money.  We can spot quacks and other medical professionals who literally declare every person referred to them as incompetent or "cognitively impaired".  We can see which judges rubber stamp everything without question & those who don't rule until all facts have been clearly determined. I can’t see a legitimate reason for any honest person to object to this, and if the predators object – so what? 

We also need to agree on what constitutes inability to handle one’s own affairs – then have it standardized at federal level. No one should have to uproot to another state just to avoid entrapment in a predatory conservatorship/guardianship.  Currently some states are safer than others in that it’s harder to conserve or guardianize people there.  The worst seems to be Florida, with California following close behind.  The scandals around this issue in Nevada seems to have galvanized legislation enacting much stronger protections against unethical conservatorship/guardianship, but I don’t know how strongly they’re enforced.  Anyway, we need to brainstorm, come to agreement, then push forth until it's established & maintained like the aforementioned ones are.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:58 PM, Psammead said:

Not just "her own siblings and her children didn't know"...maybe Britney didn't even know. Who knows what exactly that freak Robin was telling them. And why was that necessary anyway? Ugh.

AMEN!  I wouldn't believe anything that pos said without videotaped evidence showing it.  I saw a clip of her while Britney was under conservatorship.  Heh, OK.  Britney Spears strikes me as too classy to say this, but I will: some of that abuse came from the envy that a few overlooked, unattractive & envious idiots often have toward The Pretty Girl.

Oh, finally a chance to get even with someone who turned all the guys' heads - although that person never did anything to either of them.  But that minor detail never seems to matter to the truly envious, which both Robin & Loucifer seem to be, in addition to greedy af. There's no stadium full of people cheering for either of them, and for sure neither ever has or ever will turn all the guys' heads.  Stomachs maybe.  Someone had to pay for the fact that they're repulsive, and Britney Spears was vulnerable in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, woodlandsriver said:

I respect Britney Spears' right to disclose as she sees fit but agree with you that the focus needs to be on the conditions these arrangements force on people.  Those who’ve never gotten so much as a traffic ticket have less rights than the worst child mo****er if under conservatorship/guardianship.  No matter the crime, courts must provide a determinate sentence - the date the sentence will end.  Not so with most conservatorships/guardianships. 

Worse, an entire industry has quietly evolved around conservatorship/guardianship; the mental health professionals who decide everyone referred to them is incompetent, the judges who rubber-stamp that determination, the guardian ad-litems, the attorney ad-litems, etc. all depend on being able to rob - er, liquidate - someone else's cash & property to fund their own expensive lifestyles.  It's not just the wealthy who are targeted either; any property owner is also at risk.  Some laws have been changed, but they're only as good as they're enforced.  And states have differing laws – they’re not always the same.

Since nothing can change for the better or improve without all facts being known, what’s needed first of all is a federally-run, free, publicly available, online database listing every case where a U.S. citizen has been deemed unable to handle their own affairs.  And all players in each case, from those submitting initial “letters of concern” to the high-profile legal professionals often involved all need to be listed.  Sound impossible? 

The U.S. census bureau has a database tracking the race/ethnicity, income level, age, academic achievement, etc. of every citizen within each tract on every block of each community in all 50 states.  Every prescription for each U.S. citizen is tracked in another database.  There are also databases that track membership in violent street gangs.

A database tracking loss of civil rights (via conservatorship, guardianship, or involuntary commitment) is not far-fetched or impossible.  This federally run database will make it much easier to identify suspicious practices and notate areas of concern.  It would assist in differentiating between someone just helping a needy relative, and someone who’s simultaneously responsible for 500 wards, all in uninhabitable living conditions without access to their own money.  We can spot quacks and other medical professionals who literally declare every person referred to them as incompetent or "cognitively impaired".  We can see which judges rubber stamp everything without question & those who don't rule until all facts have been clearly determined. I can’t see a legitimate reason for any honest person to object to this, and if the predators object – so what? 

We also need to agree on what constitutes inability to handle one’s own affairs – then have it standardized at federal level. No one should have to uproot to another state just to avoid entrapment in a predatory conservatorship/guardianship.  Currently some states are safer than others in that it’s harder to conserve or guardianize people there.  The worst seems to be Florida, with California following close behind.  The scandals around this issue in Nevada seems to have galvanized legislation enacting much stronger protections against unethical conservatorship/guardianship, but I don’t know how strongly they’re enforced.  Anyway, we need to brainstorm, come to agreement, then push forth until it's established & maintained like the aforementioned ones are.

Excellent post! I am glad you point out the lack of federal or even statewide registration of Americans in guardianships. 

Florida is indeed one of the worst offenders of basic human rights. As of now, registration is per county!!! A new bill from March 2023 will require a statewide registration. 

A recent case of a guardian who was finally booted off. The elderly man was competent until he had a stroke. The hospital threw him out after five days, no relatives were informed. A guardian was called in who did not inform the man's relatives and put him in a home. She sold his possessions for cash at a garage sale, amongst them a valuable gun collection. She saw mail from relatives up north but did not respond. She sold the home cheap to a relator friend without putting it on the market. The realtor pretended to modernize the home and sold it for a much higher price. No court checked.

After months, the court informed relatives. They had wondered about the lack of contact with the uncle but were busy with a death in the family and the birth of a baby. The death was the Florida's man brother who had been in close contact with him. 

Like you wrote, these cases have become a business. A Florida guardian only needs 40 hours of instruction; supervision by overworked courts is almost nonexistent.  

The youngsters in this forum probably think that old age is far away, but the case of young man who had a serious traffic accident should wake them up. After his brain injury had healed, he found himself without human rights and without control over his finances. He wasn't the only young person whose case was brought before Congress.

A judge could put Britney in a conservatorship because the system is broken. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, TTrouble said:

Well I think the book was quite short, it could have gone more into everything especially the conservatorship and the key players behind the handling and the extortion of her not seeing her children. The cruelty of it all was kind of ignored.

I think they had to leave out much of that because the case is still open. Britney did write several times about not being able to see her children because her father prevented it. Actually, I thought it was one of the important themes in her book.

She was soft on Kevin to avoid hurting her boys. Imagine yourself as a kid and finding out that your father and grandfather were instrumental in mistreating you mother. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Hamelia said:

Excellent post! I am glad you point out the lack of federal or even statewide registration of Americans in guardianships. 

Florida is indeed one of the worst offenders of basic human rights. As of now, registration is per county!!! A new bill from March 2023 will require a statewide registration. 

A recent case of a guardian who was finally booted off. The elderly man was competent until he had a stroke. The hospital threw him out after five days, no relatives were informed. A guardian was called in who did not inform the man's relatives and put him in a home. She sold his possessions for cash at a garage sale, amongst them a valuable gun collection. She saw mail from relatives up north but did not respond. She sold the home cheap to a relator friend without putting it on the market. The realtor pretended to modernize the home and sold it for a much higher price. No court checked.

After months, the court informed relatives. They had wondered about the lack of contact with the uncle but were busy with a death in the family and the birth of a baby. The death was the Florida's man brother who had been in close contact with him. 

Like you wrote, these cases have become a business. A Florida guardian only needs 40 hours of instruction; supervision by overworked courts is almost nonexistent.  

The youngsters in this forum probably think that old age is far away, but the case of young man who had a serious traffic accident should wake them up. After his brain injury had healed, he found himself without human rights and without control over his finances. He wasn't the only young person whose case was brought before Congress.

23 hours ago, Hamelia said:

Hamelia, thank you for your kind words about my post.  Yours is right on time too.  The dangers of conservatorship/guardianship outweigh any benefit for most people at this time, whether or not they're disabled.  The conservatorship/guardianship seems mainly financially motivated, but malice is also sometimes a factor - for sure it was with Britney Spears' conservatorship.  And they're STILL at it - the following "facts" were reported by National Enquirer reporters, but it's still on the net.  I don't believe this is true of Britney, but it demonstrates just how far they'll go & I sincerely hope she & Rosengart sue these b@stards out of business: 

WWW.BTIMESONLINE.COM

Britney Spears' mental health crisis has reached a critical juncture, prompting her mother, Lynne Spears, to fly to Los Angeles in a desperate bid to intervene. The pop icon, known for her public...

53 minutes ago, woodlandsriver said:

Hamelia, thank you for your kind words about my post.  Yours is right on time too.  The dangers of conservatorship/guardianship outweigh any benefit for most people at this time, whether or not they're disabled.  The conservatorship/guardianship seems mainly financially motivated, but malice is also sometimes a factor - for sure it was with Britney Spears' conservatorship.  And they're STILL at it - the following "facts" were reported by National Enquirer reporters, but it's still on the net.  I don't believe this is true of Britney, but it demonstrates just how far they'll go & I sincerely hope she & Rosengart sue these b@stards out of business: 

WWW.BTIMESONLINE.COM

Britney Spears' mental health crisis has reached a critical juncture, prompting her mother, Lynne Spears, to fly to Los Angeles in a desperate bid to intervene. The pop icon, known for her public...

Luckily, Britney does not trust her mother and flew off to Mexico instead of Louisiana. If I were Britney, I would never ever meet those family members and their cohort without one or two people from my side present.

The article is disgusting. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block