Do you agree with this comment about the book?

10 minutes ago, Jup1ter said:

Maybe,

Personally it was very sad she had a horrible and little compassion after pregnancy, it was a nightmare, listening to it is way harder than actually reading it, that was something that sticked with me cause I wish it was easier than what it was.

I feel like if postpartum depression was more understood back then/she had better support from her family, things may have been different for her 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Several people have already pointed out the unresolved court procedures. Court dates are in May and June 2024. Wait for Book 2 for that part! 

I think the book has a good balance of events and explains the childhood of an imagination rich girl in a financially poor family with an alcoholic father. If she hadn't been so talented, she might have been stuck in Kentwood with many children right now and possibly another drunk man. Her mother helped her out of that looming future by driving her to classes, contests, and New York City. Unfortunately, her mother failed her completely in 2007/08. 

The book focuses on Britney's emotions as it should. If you read it, you know the focus is not on Justin at all. That was publisher/PEOPLE Mag marketing because abor**ons are a hot topic right now.

Britney's book is a huge success. That speaks for itself. You may have to wait for volume 2 for the information you are seeking.

• Love 1
  • Like 6

I think she said as much as she legally could about the cship. Don't forget it was a traumatising time for her, to the point she couldn't even narrate some parts of the audiobook.

Personally I wanted more about her career and each "album era", but I understand that wasn't the main selling point of the book. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

It was a shame this was missing from her memoir.

Yes! This was the first song she co-wrote to appear on one of her albums (first song overall is I'm So Curious but it was only a b-side). I would have loved her to talk more about the creative process of her albums, how she wrote certain songs etc. although I'm also aware she probably doesn't have the fondest memories when it comes to recording Circus/Femme Fatale/Britney Jean. She did talk quite a bit about Blackout for the book though and seemed really proud of it. I always got the impression, however, that In the Zone was her favourite album. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Yes! This was the first song she co-wrote to appear on one of her albums (first song overall is I'm So Curious but it was only a b-side). I would have loved her to talk more about the creative process of her albums, how she wrote certain songs etc. although I'm also aware she probably doesn't have the fondest memories when it comes to recording Circus/Femme Fatale/Britney Jean. She did talk quite a bit about Blackout for the book though and seemed really proud of it. I always got the impression, however, that In the Zone was her favourite album. 

Beautifully said! I wasn't talking about her music though. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Like 1

I feel like her sharing so little about that time was basically because everything was the same for her. Unpopular opinion but Britney was traumatized and became complacent because she got the boys back. She was not living passionately but only loving her children passionately. A lot of parents find themselves in this type of conundrum when their children begin to reach adulthood and detach. 

Edited by Y2Gay jordeezy
5 hours ago, LaLohan said:

Yesterday I read a comment on twitter I think and it stuck with me (didn't bookmark) They said that the book was actually a wasted opportunity to actually discuss the time of the conservatorship and everything they put her through in details (her human rights being taken away for example) and instead she chose to talk about JT and Kevin etc.... making the whole ordeal seem "superficial"

Obviously there are legalities which she can´t discuss.. and the media played a huge role by fixating on the Justin parts.. But to a certain degree I kind of agree? :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:  I think that a shift definitely happened in how seriously the gp is taking the whole thing.

Thoughts? Discuss :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

I agree somewhat. 

6 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

No.

Britney's entire life wasnt conservatorship. Had she focused solely on it, or if 70-80% of the book was about conservatorship, then how is that a memoir in the first place? 

She wrote a memoir, a book of her entire life so far, and unfortunately cship was a part of that life, and it was a part of the memoir as such. It's merely a part of Britney's journey, not a constant. 

Also she said it was a book I didn't know I needed to write.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Y2Gay jordeezy said:

I feel like her sharing so little about that time was basically because everything was the same for her. Unpopular opinion but Britney was traumatized and became complacent because she got the boys back. She was not living passionately but only loving her children passionately. A lot of parents find themselves in this type of conundrum when their children begin to reach adulthood and detach. 

Also some other details she had already shared on IG captions and audios she herself posted before for the fans.

I thought it was an elegant balance of describing what the conservatorship was like, without jeopardizing the legal situation. If she'd spent much more time on the day-to-day humiliations of the conservatorship, it would have been hard on her and taxing on the reader.

Something I really respected was Britney looking at what it was about her own personality and circumstances that left her vulnerable to those monsters, that is, being raised to be a pleaser and so on. It's a sign that she's methodically going about taking the reins of her life and that she isn't broken. There's a lot more in that book than it seems.

• Love 3

The book is a memoir means it involves not only certain parts but her full timeline of life. Jt and kevin were big parts of her life. And i am glad she talked openly. Of course it overshadowed a bit other stuff bc of number of reasons:

She put parts of audios online talking about that certain rehab stay

She only details one particular stay as i remember

She doesn't highlights much of earlier cship years maybe bc they were not that bad or bc she doesn't remember much of it due to the meds

She didn't talk about surveilance probably bc she couldn't do it legally

abor**on(why is this word cencored) in a young age in a worldwide famous pair is of course shock content and it is more impactful

I believe she wrote and talked about a lot of stuff but book editors put things so the book could be consistent and interesting to the readers. We as fans ofc would read 800-1000 pages of her every move but for gp they put the most impactful stuff and i think they did their best

Edited by icybaby
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

No.

Britney's entire life wasnt conservatorship. Had she focused solely on it, or if 70-80% of the book was about conservatorship, then how is that a memoir in the first place? 

She wrote a memoir, a book of her entire life so far, and unfortunately cship was a part of that life, and it was a part of the memoir as such. It's merely a part of Britney's journey, not a constant. 

Love the last sentence! And totally agree.

I feel like it was a perfect share of her personal life/career/conservatorship and everything else. Yeah, I'd like a bit more here and there, but then again, not everyone who's gonna read the books is a hard-core Britney fan, so for them, it was amazing as it was. For me, I wouldn't mind reading a 2000 pages long book written by her ;)

It's also funny how some people are saying there's not enough of conservatorship inside the book and then on the other side, there are a lot of haters saying she constantly paints herself as a victim (which is crazy imo)...

• Love 2
  • Like 1

That is such a superfluous and stupid comment. The reason why she talked about her relationships (with her family and the men in her life) is because THAT was the foundation for what came afterwards: the conservatorship. She basically was born and raised in abusive relationships that diminished her self esteem and her ability to defend and speak for herself.

HOW MANY BOOKS DOES SHE HAVE TO WRITE TO BE LISTENED TO? Are people that deaf and self-centered and stupid and shallow and unempathetic?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block