Can We Stop Patholigizing Britney?

To be fair, there's nothing left to stan or discuss except her as a person. If we like it or not, Britney's behavior has been controversial, with numerous scandals in the past few years. It's evident that people will form their opinions. I'm not saying it's right - because it isn't - but it no longer surprises me. That's just the price you pay for fame, and there's not much we can do about it.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

To be fair, there's nothing left to stan or discuss except her as a person. If we like it or not, Britney's behavior has been controversial, with numerous scandals in the past few years. It's evident that people will form their opinions. I'm not saying it's right - because it isn't - but it no longer surprises me. That's just the price you pay for fame, and there's not much we can do about it.

I’m sure that’s the exact defence paparazzo and tabloids would utilize to justify how they impacted Britney as an individual. Lol. Stan someone else then.

I’ve been  a fan of hers since I was 6-7 back in 99. I was known as the kid was who loved Britney Spears in my small town and I was featured on BS.com back in 09. I was an ultra fan yet im mature enough to understand that just because she’s controversial doesn’t mean I have to add my two cents. Be toxic or don’t: your choice. I have my opinions and concerns but I don’t feel like adding to the pile on. I care about my impacts on people both on a macro and micro level. 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, theannehedonia said:

I’m sure that’s the exact defence paparazzo and tabloids would utilize to justify how they impacted Britney as an individual. Lol. Stan someone else then.

Ew, what's with these Exhale people, jumping to extremes? You really thought you ate. You completely changed the context of the conversation. We're not discussing paparazzi's harassment toward Britney, that's a totally different topic.

6 minutes ago, theannehedonia said:

I’ve been  a fan of hers since I was 6-7 back in 99. I was known as the kid was who loved Britney Spears in my small town and I was featured on BS.com back in 09.

I don't need your CV, babe

7 minutes ago, theannehedonia said:

I was an ultra fan yet im mature enough to understand that just because she’s controversial doesn’t mean I have to add my two cents. Be toxic or don’t: your choice. I have my opinions and concerns but I don’t feel like adding to the pile on. I care about my impacts on people both on a macro and micro level. 

I already stated that I'm against people expressing their opinions about Britney's mental health. However, it shouldn't come as a surprise to you, especially since you've been a fan for 24 years. People will always express their opinions, even if they are inappropriate or insensitive. What are we supposed to? We can't control other people

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, The One and Only said:

Ew, what's with these Exhale people, jumping to extremes? You really thought you ate. You completely changed the context of the conversation. We're not discussing paparazzi's harassment toward Britney, that's a totally different topic.

I don't need your CV, babe

I already stated that I'm against people expressing their opinions about Britney's mental health. However, it shouldn't come as a surprise to you, especially since you've been a fan for 24 years. People will always express their opinions, even if they are inappropriate or insensitive. What are we supposed to? We can't control other people

Yet we can advocate for better behaviour especially from her fanbase? You can try to critique other people’s behaviour and their impacts without the need (or ability) to control them. Do you not understand what ‘pathologizing’ means? Literally to do with her mental health yet you posted here debating this topic. And I really thought I ate? What does that even mean? that I made a well constructed argument without making any logical fallacies or ad hominem attacks? Then yes. Lol. 

And I stand by what I initially said: your argument that you used as a justification for ****ty fan behaviour  could also be used by the paparazzi and tabloids: she’s controversial and famous! Lol. Not my fault you’re using a dubious justification. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, theannehedonia said:

We've heard her side of things through her memoir, we understand what she went through and why she does what she does. Her personal life and psychology are none of our business and fans speculating are no better than the tabloids responsible for Britney's situation. I understand many of you are likely young and lack the perspective necessary to understand the toxicity of this kind of culture: but let's focus on her career, her music and her art and stop commenting on who she is as a person. As much as we would like to be able to pretend that we do: we do not know her or her life and need to stop pretending that we do. If you worry about her posts, her family, etc., take that energy and direct it at yourself. KTHNXBAI.

Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 3
19 hours ago, The One and Only said:

Numerous is more than two. Please name the "scandals" or redefine the word scandal, maybe to controversies caused by her mother, her sister, by Kevin, by her son Jayden, by the financial misappropriations done by her father and his cohort, by tabloid invented headlines.

Do you consider her IG ***** a scandal? Compared to her costumes during the conservatorship and the ***ually suggestive dance moves by her male dancers, her IG ***** and her dances look innocent.

And yes, please focus on Britney's numerous achievements as successful singer, dancer, performer.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Hamelia said:

Numerous is more than two. Please name the "scandals" or redefine the word scandal, maybe to controversies caused by her mother, her sister, by Kevin, by her son Jayden, by the financial misappropriations done by her father and his cohort, by tabloid invented headlines.

• Her bizarre Instagram posts
  • Dancing with knives on her Instagram
  • Police being called twice for a welfare check
  • Her being hit in the face by a security guy

It doesn't portray her in a good light from general public's perspective. So, those incidents are considered scandals because they were loud and reached people outside of her fanbase. She had even more moments that caused a lot of controversy within the fanbase that didn't reach the general public, such as:

• Hanging around with a guy that has a criminal past
  • Being pulled over like 3 times
  • Mind Your Business
  • Offending innocent people on Instagram

We can stan someone and still recognize that they aren't perfect. I don't understand why people from any fanbase act like 15-year-olds and get so defensive when someone suggests that their fave isn't a saint

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

It is difficult to divide Britney person and Britney pop princess. Her personality affects on her music and career. I do agree we shouldn't speculate about her mental health and marriage and kids and several other things. But then it comes to her ranting posts like jack in the box guy we can say our opinion respectfully.

On 11/24/2023 at 5:23 AM, theannehedonia said:

I’ve been  a fan of hers since I was 6-7 back in 99. I was known as the kid was who loved Britney Spears in my small town and I was featured on BS.com back in 09. I was an ultra fan yet im mature enough to understand that just because she’s controversial doesn’t mean I have to add my two cents. Be toxic or don’t: your choice. I have my opinions and concerns but I don’t feel like adding to the pile on. I care about my impacts on people both on a macro and micro level. 

This is the reason why the number of her fans have been declining. In effect, she has become less relevant and influential jn the business compared to her peers. It's because of naive fans who just want to have Britney for themselves thinking they understand her and her desires as an artist.

13 hours ago, The One and Only said:
  • Her bizarre Instagram posts
  • Dancing with knives on her Instagram
  • Police being called twice for a welfare check
  • Her being hit in the face by a security guy

It doesn't portray her in a good light from general public's perspective. So, those incidents are considered scandals because they were loud and reached people outside of her fanbase. She had even more moments that caused a lot of controversy within the fanbase that didn't reach the general public, such as:

• Hanging around with a guy that has a criminal past
  • Being pulled over like 3 times
  • Mind Your Business
  • Offending innocent people on Instagram

We can stan someone and still recognize that they aren't perfect. I don't understand why people from any fanbase act like 15-year-olds and get so defensive when someone suggests that their fave isn't a saint

You almost kinda had me until you basically blamed Britney for someone hitting her in the face and minor traffic violations? Maybe you just didn't have enough examples before you went all Dr.Phil. Good try tho.

1 hour ago, mateiu79 said:

You almost kinda had me until you basically blamed Britney for someone hitting her in the face and minor traffic violations? Maybe you just didn't have enough examples before you went all Dr.Phil. Good try tho.

And where did I say that being hit was her fault? The point was that it didn't put her in a good light. Also, being pulled over 3 times is literally her fault :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block