Girls Aloud to Reunite in Tribute to Sarah with New Music!

33 minutes ago, TTrouble said:

Sarah passing was so incredibly sad. She was my favourite singer of the group.

I always wanted them to come back but it feels weird without Sarah.

I absolutely agree. It's a unique situation to be in. I still think about Sarah and her passing and feel sad/angry about it regularly. At the same time, had Girls Aloud been active at the time of her passing I don't think we would be crying out for them to stop. It's just going to be confronting for us as fans to see them as a musical act without Sarah. They've had time to work together as friends to make that less uncomfortable for them which is likely why they feel alright doing this, but we the fans are all still in different stages of our own grief. I have faith they will show Sarah the utmost respect. If anything, I really think they, and we, will feel Sarah's spirit with them on stage. Sarah lives on through Girls Aloud.

Now to find a British Sugar Daddy to get me to that concert:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 1

Honestly if this is happening I’m all for it. It will feel very strange not seeing Sarah with them but I know she is there in spirit and cheering them on.

I’ve also heard rumours about them headlining Mighty Hoopla next year and I may have bought a ticket based on those rumours :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2

People are talking about the rumored superhero-themed music video over on Popustice but I refuse to post there since I was banned for talking abut the conservatorship before #freebritney. Anyway, if the rumor is true, I wonder if the video might begin with something alluding to the defeat of one of their superhero team members. I'm practically welling up already imagining seeing an explosion or singed mask or something representing Sarah's passing. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

People are talking about the rumored superhero-themed music video over on Popustice but I refuse to post there since I was banned for talking abut the conservatorship before #freebritney. Anyway, if the rumor is true, I wonder if the video might begin with something alluding to the defeat of one of their superhero team members. I'm practically welling up already imagining seeing an explosion or singed mask or something representing Sarah's passing. 

There are insiders on that forum claiming they were booked for Hoopla. Hoopla denied it on Twitter earlier this week but some people think they’re trying to throw us off. The lineup is announced next Tuesday. I booked an early bird ticket based on the rumours so I hope the festival have a good lineup regardless.

The superhero music video was reported by The Sun. It does sound like a cool concept though. 

Mighty Hoopla lineup is out and they’re not on it. Have heard a few times now they were originally booked for it and pulled out.

I have heard there will be an announcement from the group on the 23rd? Apparently Nadine told people to keep that date free during her show in London earlier this month.

• Love 1
On 11/12/2023 at 1:11 AM, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

how did you even manage to get an account there, it all seems like a "special" club.

6 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

how did you even manage to get an account there, it all seems like a "special" club.

I had no idea! I mean obviously it's horribly pretentious and toxic but I think my account there dates back to like 2007 so I got in while it was still easy (and relevant) and when I was in a very different chapter of my life. The suspension over discussing the conservatorship was the final straw for me there and I tried to delete my account but was talked out of it. I refused to even log into it for years, but did still peak in once in a while to check for news on some of my favorite pop acts, maybe of whom I discovered there to begin with. 

• Like 1

i have goosebumps! Nicola has posted the beginning of what appears to be a 4 day countdown. Rumors have been swirling that whatever is happening is to be announced on the 23rd so her posting a video clip with "4" on it on the 19th definitely aligns with that rumor. Also the clip she posted looks to be the same set up as something former Girls Aloud music video director Trudy Bellinger recently posted about a secret project!

This is feeling so magical. It's my birthday on the 24th, I've had a very hard couple of months and the return of Girls Aloud would be one of the best gifts possible to lift my spirits. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block