Oops!...I Did It Again (Acoustic Remix - 2023 Remaster)

On 11/2/2023 at 7:13 AM, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

okay this is cute, but i always wonder why do some britney fans make these acoustic versions of her songs... that's completely not her artistry at all. like, go listen to norah jones or something if that's what you're into

also unpopular opinion: i'm so done with oops 23 years later, like instant skip 🙊

Unpopular opinion, but the leaked stems ruined the song for me.

I love Oops! for what it is and the production is crazy good. That said, the stems really ruined the magic of the song because it highlighted how much of the song was really  owed to Max Martin rather than Britney.

You can hear the tuning and weird edits that get masked with the music, so hearing the “trickery” without the music to drown it out just took away from it.

For example, the sustained note after the bridge, it’s not even really her. She hit it for a short period of time and Max extended it to make it seem like she sustained it.

I dunno, I agree with you. I wish this song would’ve been left alone so the magic could stay intact.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sia said:

Unpopular opinion, but the leaked stems ruined the song for me.

I love Oops! for what it is and the production is crazy good. That said, the stems really ruined the magic of the song because it highlighted how much of the song was really  owed to Max Martin rather than Britney.

You can hear the tuning and weird edits that get masked with the music, so hearing the “trickery” without the music to drown it out just took away from it.

For example, the sustained note after the bridge, it’s not even really her. She hit it for a short period of time and Max extended it to make it seem like she sustained it.

I dunno, I agree with you. I wish this song would’ve been left alone so the magic could stay intact.

True, but she did hit the ‘Innocent’ high note and that one doesn’t sound like it has much processing on it. Completely agree with the sustained note of ‘above’ and it is a literal loop. Unfortunately it’s more common in a than you would think in a lot of songs and not just Britney’s.

7 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

True, but she did hit the ‘Innocent’ high note and that one doesn’t sound like it has much processing on it. Completely agree with the sustained note of ‘above’ and it is a literal loop. Unfortunately it’s more common in a than you would think in a lot of songs and not just Britney’s.

Is it common? Of course, but Max was messy with his edit. You can HEAR the bad editing. I don't think Max thought we'd ever hear the isolated vocals and expected them to always be masked behind the loud music.

On 11/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, Sia said:

Is it common? Of course, but Max was messy with his edit. You can HEAR the bad editing. I don't think Max thought we'd ever hear the isolated vocals and expected them to always be masked behind the loud music.

True. A lot of the stuff back then was messy unfortunately - but of course he is still just insanely talented and he could’ve easily tidied it up but I think you’re right with saying he never expected the isolated vocals to be out in the wild.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block