BREAKING: "The Woman in Me" sells 2.4 MILLION print copies in first week.

3 hours ago, blonderoman27 said:

I just want to point out that, that tweet does not say that she sold 2.4 million copies. The tweet says that, the company printed 2.4 million copies. The word sold was not in that tweet.  

It's very much implied lol. '2.4m print copies' meaning that's what's been sold.

:typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Mind you that a lot of European countries still don't have translated versions (only France, Germany, Spain, Portugal and the UK do). The rest of countries are still waiting for translated versions which will probably be up for sale this/next week.

These numbers will double. 

Really? I think Italy, Poland, Greece, the Netherlands, Hungary etc does have translated versions out already

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Y2Gay jordeezy said:

Why doesn't the music sell this well? I mean...this shows RCA has failed in their marketing for sure. 

Mind your business wasn't great like this book was. But you are correct that the promo was nonexistent for the music. They both got mentions from Britney on social media but the difference is that the book had dozens of juicy information leaks that all got picked up by the mainstream media, news programs, talk shows, etc. That was widespread promo that really helped! No need for an interview with Britney and Oprah when word travels that fast. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
2 hours ago, HeySister said:

It's very much implied lol. '2.4m print copies' meaning that's what's been sold.

:typing_keyboard_computer:

Actually this was my first thought as well. There is a difference between 2.4 million printed copies and 2.4 million printed copies sold. 

Good news is they wouldn't print 2.4 million copies if they didn't think they would be sold, but I wouldn't say that first week sales are 2.4 million (based on that wording). 

• Like 2

Wow this is actually incredible. 

I’ll be honest, the Instagram craziness, the lack of promo, ‘freedom fatigue’ amongst the public, I wasn’t sure the book was going to make much impact outside of the fandom - which was cool with me, as this book was for us.

How wrong was I? What an impact. This is blowing my mind. I can only imagine what an Oprah interview and a small European promo tour would’ve done….5m copies easily.

I think there is a lot of empathy out there for Britney; in a way that Prince Harry doesn’t attract. We are fascinated by his story, but people don’t feel sorry for a rich guy and the decisions he’s made in his life. Whereas Britney attracts both fascination, and empathy, because what she endured was not her fault.

The public still hold a torch for her, even if they don’t engage with her music or performances, they are still impressed by her personal strength. I think the fact she has been a presence in peoples’ lives for 30 years means that even passive pop culture participants would be buying this book; you don’t have to be a super fan of her artistic outputs to be engaged by this story. 

• Love 3

It just hit No. 1 on the "Spiegel-Bestsellers" list in Germany, too.

That means that The Woman in Me is currently the best selling book in Germany.

:qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

Glückwunsch!

Official Source:

WWW.BESTSELLERLISTE.DE

Die Bestsellerliste zeigt die aktuellen SPIEGEL-Bestseller vom deutschen Buch-Markt - Belletristik & Sachbücher, Hardcover & Taschenbücher.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block