Britney Spears Was ‘Grounded for Weeks’ After Taking Her Mask Off at the Beach During Pandemic: Book

Britney Spears shared further details about the way her conservatorship impacted her freedom in her upcoming memoir — and revealed how things changed during the coronavirus pandemic.

Spears, 41, recalled in The Woman in Me that she became “more of a homebody” than ever during the early days of lockdowns, an insider confirms to Us Weekly. She spent her time listening to audiobooks and crafting jewelry, but there were also moments where she just stared at the wall because she was so bored.

f she went outside, however, things became less carefree. A security team allegedly hired by Britney’s dad, Jamie Spears, “kept enforcing rules” during public outings. At one point, Britney took off her mask at the beach and claimed she was “reprimanded and grounded for weeks.”

At the time, Britney was in a relationship with now-estranged husband Sam Asghari, but he wasn’t with her because of his work schedule and quarantine rules. The source tells Us that Britney got so “lonely” she decided she wanted to see her family. After visiting them in Louisiana, however, she realized she “never wanted to see them again.”

While Britney recalled being scolded by her team for not masking properly, she made headlines on another occasion in 2020 for trying to set a good example for her followers. In June of that year, she and Ashgari, 29, shared Instagram photos of themselves hanging out on a beach with masks on despite the fact that they were seemingly not close to any other people.

After some commenters began to question why the duo were wearing masks in a situation where they didn’t really need to, Asghari replied, “There will be millions of people seeing these photos! So it’s better to be a good influence.”

WWW.USMAGAZINE.COM

Britney Spears said in her book that she was ‘grounded for weeks’ after taking her mask off at the beach during the coronavirus pandemic

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

After some commenters began to question why the duo were wearing masks in a situation where they didn’t really need to, Asghari replied, “There will be millions of people seeing these photos! So it’s better to be a good influence.”

**** you Scam. Lyin ***

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I’ve always been protective of Britney but damn it I wish I had more power because just the thought of this and her being in trouble makes my blood boil 😩😩. I LOATHE everyone who was around her. Every single one of them. I don’t think this woman has ever truly had anyone in her corner and just hers alone. 

I LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY BRITNEY 😭🥺❤️

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Tingle2mingle86 said:

I’ve always been protective of Britney but damn it I wish I had more power because just the thought of this and her being in trouble makes my blood boil 😩😩. I LOATHE everyone who was around her. Every single one of them. I don’t think this woman has ever truly had anyone in her corner and just hers alone. 

I LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY BRITNEY 😭🥺❤️

For real grounding a grown woman that's paying everyone's bills. Jimbo and team CON are pathetic.

• Love 7

I wish I could go back in time and be her sidekick to every situation this team put her in. I’d be arguing and fighting 24/7 but I’d do it for Britney and I’d do it for any human who is deserving of rights. 

PS they didn’t care that Britney could catch the virus. They were securing their cash machine be healthy and ready to make some money. Money money money. 

• Love 2
Just now, BadBunny said:

To be fair, a lot of us are were crucified or punished by those around us if we didn’t wear masks or tested positive for COVID from 2020-22. 2020 was a very confusing year and we didn’t know what to believe. 

The difference is she was grounded for two weeks like a child by the people she's being trafficked by and paying their bills. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Masks are very helpful when there's an airborne disease (thats why you need to use masks when you will perform a surgery) and as someone who lost more than one person in the family for the pandemic, I'm really grateful for all those people who tried to make it not as bad to everyone 

But grounding for 2 weeks someone who just had a moment without a mask?

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

To be fair, a lot of us are were crucified or punished by those around us if we didn’t wear masks or tested positive for COVID from 2020-22. 2020 was a very confusing year and we didn’t know what to believe. 

To be fair? 
Oh give it a rest please. 
As others have pointed out, she was grounded, and you’re saying “to be fair” as if it is somehow reasonable or expected for a grown *** woman to be grounded. In 2020. In the USA. The land of the free. Apparently.

I appreciate covid, but come on, not even you of all people can somehow justify this.

I see your sidekick Sia is currently typing. Curiously they always follow not long after you. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block