Britney reveals in 'The Woman In Me' that her first time wasn't with Justin Timberlake

Britney is from a small town, full of obssesed "purity" freaks (wich means all of them do more than we'll ever know in secret, but love to judge other peoples lives). And from what we know so far, it's kinda a blessing Britney got famous and got out of that place, all the people in her life from that town are evil af. Except Felicia, I guess. 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, OneTrackMind said:

This place is INSANE, why are these users here pointing the finger at a 16 year old Britney when everyone around her was at fault. She was still a minor. Imagine if she rebelled and lost her contract? She could have been a one hit wonder and went back to Kentwood. Imagine how terrible her parents would have been to her?

In ‘For The Record’ Britney said she understood that a lot was at stake, like career wise which ties to financially (i.e., endorsements, contracts, etc). Maybe her agreeing to maintain a pristine virginal wholesome public image was one of the things at stake. If that fell apart so did the rest of her career which would impact her family who were dependent on her to “share the wealth”. I don’t blame her. She was just a naive young girl who was the typical people pleaser that got taken advantage of by the adults in her life that did know better but had their own self interest in mind.

• Love 2
  • Like 4
27 minutes ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Yes I know that, what I’m saying is I wish she hadn’t given in and was strong enough to be herself regardless of what the label wanted. she was certainly successful enough to have leverage to do it. Other artists were able to but to a certain extent  She was complicit

On top of the points that were already made, don't forget that the Britney machine didn't only create work for her. She could've felt a moral obligation to keep the charade going, smile firmly in place, knowing how many other people's livelihoods would've depended upon her ability to present just enough of a "suitable" image. It was probably also communicated to her that she "owed" it to her younger fans, as if anything else would lead them astray. That was the spirit back then.

We can all agree the situation was screwy, but the problem was the cultural landscape, not some lie Britney told by which nobody (else?) was truly harmed.

• Like 4

I STILL find discussing this young woman's ***ual activity to be NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. I'm far more interested in getting insights into her years under the conservatorship than I am these scintillating details about her personal life as a young girl. I am happy she is getting to tell her side of her story though, and obviously a lot of the things I'm more interested in are likely watered down or omitted due to ongoing litigation. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Lucky☆ said:

Justin must be crying somewhere right now, he talked all that **** about being her first time and he was not her first man :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

He never said anything about taking her virginity. He just confirmed that he had s** with his girlfriend. That’s all.

Actually this makes him look good because now people can’t go around saying he took her virginity and blabbed it to the world. 

He kept quiet about the ********, and he also played along with the virginity rumors while with her.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Yes I know that, what I’m saying is I wish she hadn’t given in and was strong enough to be herself regardless of what the label wanted. she was certainly successful enough to have leverage to do it. Other artists were able to but to a certain extent  She was complicit 

How could Britney be herself the ticket to fame gave her money and her family were dead broke also she used it to get away from her alcoholic father and give her mom and sister a better life. The virginity thing was a very big thing back then especially because of the school uniform and the VMA's oops performance and it tied into her girl next door the main thing it worked because she sold more than Christina in album sales. The label is there to make as much money as possible hence why even by the time she released BRITNEY the album none of the s***** songs made it like I am a sinner for that reason. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ashleigh samuels2009 said:

How could Britney be herself the ticket to fame gave her money and her family were dead broke also she used it to get away from her alcoholic father and give her mom and sister a better life. The virginity thing was a very big thing back then especially because of the school uniform and the VMA's oops performance and it tied into her girl next door the main thing it worked because she sold more than Christina in album sales. The label is there to make as much money as possible hence why even by the time she released BRITNEY the album none of the s***** songs made it like I am a sinner for that reason. 

People still have a choice.  I mean, some of you guys say she had no control after the conservatorship and now she didn’t at all?  She could’ve put her foot down like other artists did.  Yes, that might have meant less sales like Xtina but looking back, she probably regrets not doing it early in her career 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I STILL find discussing this young woman's ***ual activity to be NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. I'm far more interested in getting insights into her years under the conservatorship than I am these scintillating details about her personal life as a young girl. I am happy she is getting to tell her side of her story though, and obviously a lot of the things I'm more interested in are likely watered down or omitted due to ongoing litigation. 

With all due respect, she made it public knowledge by putting it in her book.  It’s not like we are discussing the s** life of a private person who never revealed this info 

1 hour ago, Gutterguppy said:

i mean, how old was she when she became famous? 16? I don’t know a lot of 16 years old that had strong convictions at that age. And she’s surrounded by a bunch of people telling her what to do in order to further her career, so she naively went along with it because she was trusting of the people around her to have her best interest at heart, and now we see they never did. Her parents should have been the ones to be like “no that’s not a good image for our daughter to portray” but they never did that.

I wasn’t saying necessarily 16.  It could’ve been for her second album.  Third.  Etc. 

I mean... We kinda knew that Reggie was her first. Lynne said as much in her own book, and while she sucks even worse than Justin, I believed her more than I would him.

Also, in "I Am Britney Jean", Britney always said that s** makes her feel either 16 or 60. I always took that as confirmation that she lost her virginity at 16, which would be when she was still with Reggie, since I believe they broke up right before she started dating Justin.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OneTrackMind said:

This place is INSANE, why are these users here pointing the finger at a 16 year old Britney when everyone around her was at fault. She was still a minor. Imagine if she rebelled and lost her contract? She could have been a one hit wonder and went back to Kentwood. Imagine how terrible her parents would have been to her?

I wasn’t necessarily talking about 16.  But after the success of the first album she would’ve been an adult and had the leverage to get her way.  

plenty of other artists have done that 

14 minutes ago, ashleigh samuels2009 said:

Yes, she could’ve lost money but looking back that seems like the better deal now no? Imagine if after the first or second album she could’ve called all the shots.  Imagine the fulfilling life she could’ve had.  Money isn’t everything but this fan base surely thinks it is 

Just now, jor to tha deezy said:

The whole "purity movement" was all about normalizing young people talking about their sax life with adults. So gross and manipulative. Why would you want your teen child to wear a purity ring to advertise their virginity to p3doz??? 

Purity rings are pure backwards mentality.  They should be taught safe s** practices instead of forcing them to do things undercover.  That results in unwanted pregnancies 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, GmailMyHeart said:

Purity rings are pure backwards mentality.  They should be taught safe s** practices instead of forcing them to do things undercover.  That results in unwanted pregnancies 

My mom watched Oprah back then and asked me and my brother if we wanted to get purity rings because they talked about it on an episode....ugh. I told her that was gross. 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, FullCircle said:

I used to be proud of Britney for following her convictions and waiting until marriage before having s**. It breaks my heart to learn she was having s** at 14 and lied to us pretending to be a nun. 

The fact that you even believed she was a virgin in the first place...

Edited by Fay1981

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block