Kathy Griffin Jokes About Britney's Knife Dance on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Guys, come on.

Kathy is a comedian. If you’re publicly posting nude pics all the time on social media while also twirling around with knives … comedians are going to make some jokes. I don’t see how this is a huge deal.

Kathy Griffin also makes plenty of jokes at her own expense … her TV show back in the day was called “my life on the D list”

I really think this was just a joke, she wasn’t advocating for the conservatorship.

Edited by KatieKat
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Gutterguppy2.0 said:

I don’t understand why anyone’s go-to would be “she’s too free” just because they don’t like her content? I mean, what is that even implying, that she should still be under constraints but less stricter ones?

Yeah, I think Kathy is among the generation of female comedians who feel justified in their media treatment of Britney in 2007. Joy Behar has behaved the same way. 

I also don't get the "Free Britney people didn't have a plan." Uh... yeah, that's the whole point. It's not up to us to have a plan for Britney's life. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, KatieKat said:

If you’re publicly posting nude pics all the time on social media

Which Kathy has done a lot of. It's a whole lot of projection with her speaking about Britney, which I don't get. 

The spoofing the knife video doesn't bother me. It's the "too free" and "Free Britney didn't have a plan" that gets me. Kathy is a public person basically advocating that Britney should have some restrictions placed on her human rights. 

When Kathy has restrictions placed on her speech and career, she makes a whole documentary special about it and goes on talk shows saying "it could happen to you and it shouldn't happen" but then is ok when it happens to Britney. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, KatieKat said:

Guys, come on.

Kathy is a comedian. If you’re publicly posting nude pics all the time on social media while also twirling around with knives … comedians are going to make some jokes. I don’t see how this is a huge deal.

Kathy Griffin also makes plenty of jokes at her own expense … her TV show back in the day was called “my life on the D list”

The she's 'too free' bit was just in bad taste. 

Edited by Gutterguppy2.0
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, SamanthaJadeFanGroup said:

Well she saw all the attention she got a few weeks ago by mocking Britney, so she's continuing. That's the most relevant she's been in a decade :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

She was very well in the news and most relevant when she “decapitated” Donald Trump’s head in 2017.

Actually have affection for Kathy, but her material just never gets a laugh. Also, it's obtuse for her to assume a righteous tone of morality in so many other contexts (such as through the Trump stuff, with good reason) and then make jokes at the expense of someone she's deemed unwell. In the year of our Lord 2023, that's your punchline? It's so lowest common denominator.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block