Kylie minogue issues a 16 track digital deluxe, exclusive til 11:59 BST, gets slammed for being a chart chaser

First it was Taylor swift, but now it's Kylie Minogue being accused of chasing the charts, and with variety of formats..

18 different vinyls, including a limited edition Webstore one that sold out in pre orders alone,  4 Cassette colors (Matching the tension colors Pink, Blue, orange and Green), a double deluxe cassette (to 5,000 made,  that sold out luckily got my copy).

And then on Monday a limited edition 16 track deluxe that's only here for the first week of release gone this Thursday 11:59 BST.

She's so far in the lead of the UK charts, already GUTS is at number 2, Doja cat is aiming for number 3. 

The sales of Tension outpaced the number one streaming album as Kylie had a huge pop up shop in London that was a massive success,  even hinting a 20th anniversary of Body Language will happen in November.

As of right now Tension is 35K, but Wednesday that number will be doubled that, she's looking at close to 100K this week between the different formats, and thar her fans have the money to afford everything as they're older and most of her fans are gays, they Don't have kids, maybe a few pets but pets aren't expensive to raise as a kid is,  the food and the stuff to entertain animals are actually cheaper than raising kids. 

They can afford the £150.00 Crystal clear vinyl that had a numbered print of 4000. EACH LP WAS NUMBERED BY HAND AND A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY MAKING IT A RARE VERSION NOT TO BE MADE AGAIN AND ONLY FOR THE POP UP SHOP.

HERE IS ONE OF THE TWO LIMITED DELUXE EDITION TRACKS. 

CONGRATS TO KYLIE ON HER 9TH UK number one Album, and in a country where sales still hold a more dominant presence on the charts than streams. 

@Isla

@Slayer @Jordan Miller

• Love 3
  • Like 2

SO many releases, that's insane, but Kylie truly and undoubtedly is one of the biggest popstars in the world, p-e-r-i-o-d, and finally the younger generations are somewhat paying attention, so she deserves to be in the spotlight again, no matter what. Also, like you said, her older and super, if not exclusively, gay fan base has the means to buy all that shiz, so let it be... Now, something completely different is doing this for every single release, one after the other, separated only by some months, and 90% of it being new versions of old stuff like others do... Calm down now.

Edited by bitbitboi
  • Like 5
8 minutes ago, Mxra said:

Nothing about what she's doing is chart chasing. 

I would say her website exclusive version of the album is pretty undeniably. It's the only way to purchase 2 tracks, was released on Monday (after diehard fans already bought copies), and I don't think it was even announced before its release, so fans didn't have the option to wait for it. I'm not complaining about her strategy though. I will buy a CD and the website version for the exclusives, but it's not like she forced me to. 

Edit: Also, it's clearly stated that the website exclusive deluxe copy is only available during release week. There was a specific effort to make fans buy both a digital copy and a physical copy during release week. In any case, can't wait to see her hit #1. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Edited by IsraeliMatt
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block