New Kylie song is 🔥

zone

What a disappointing album... Granted, it's not bad or anything, but it's very middle of the road. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: Like, based on the aesthetic direction, I was expecting some of the b-sides to lean into trance or techno, but she gave us the same generic 70s and especially 80s throwbacks we've been hearing for the past 3 years. Dua Lipa and The Weeknd - oh, the damage you've done to the industry. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand: I mean, the songs were catchy, but there was no theme. If she was so insistent on taking the 80s route, the album could've at least been a love letter to the different decades of dance music or something, but the theme just wasn't there unfortunately. The only non-generic b-side was Love Train, mefears. Like, how you gon' let Ava Maxipad, of all people, outdo you. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Edited by i sometimes sing live
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

And I was so excited too because Tension and Padam Padam were immaculate. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: The first few songs made me think she was going to lean into 2010s house/EDM, and honestly, she should've. First of all, that kind of dance music is lowkey kinda nostalgic already. And second of all, Kylie has personality - she's not some faceless, nameless girlie from Albania whose only job is to feature on random DJ's songs. Like, Kylie could actually carry an album full of 2010s EDM bops. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Edited by i sometimes sing live
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

And I was so excited too because Tension and Padam Padam were immaculate. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: The first few songs made me think she was going to lean into 2010s house/EDM, and honestly, she should've. First of all, that kind of dance music is lowkey kinda nostalgic already. And second of all, Kylie has personality - she's not some faceless, nameless girlie from Albania whose only job is to feature on random DJ's songs. Like, Kylie could actually carry an album full of 2010s EDM bops. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Lol okay the Rita drag but there is no correlation to Kylie.

6 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

What a disappointing album... Granted, it's not bad or anything, but it's very middle of the road. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: Like, based on the aesthetic direction, I was expecting some of the b-sides to lean into trance or techno, but she gave us the same generic 70s and especially 80s throwbacks we've been hearing for the past 3 years. Dua Lipa and The Weeknd - oh, the damage you've done to the industry. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand: I mean, the songs were catchy, but there was no theme. If she was so insistent on taking the 80s route, the album could've at least been a love letter to the different decades of dance music or something, but the theme just wasn't there unfortunately. The only non-generic b-side was Love Train, mefears. Like, how you gon' let Ava Maxipad, of all people, outdo you. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

I agree, I had a quick skip through and the production already sounds dated. Tension and Padam Padam sound like they belong on a different album. 

At least with The Weeknd, Dua, Harry, Beyonce, etc the songs on their albums all sound like they belong together. Tension sounds like 2 different albums. 

At least the singles were great :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

I don't really hear much 80's influence in the album at all. It doesn't really have a theme of a specific era like Disco did.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block