Britney's memoir comes out in a month yet she continues to destroy her image via Instagram. Why release a book now when she doesn't seem to care?

1 hour ago, SatisfactionOops said:

I hate to say this but I think the book will more closely resemble one of those unauthorized biographies authors write on celebs rather than an explosive tell-all. I can see it chronicling her early life & career in good detail, have it be written in Britney's POV but ultimately not be anything Earth-shattering. 

I think it would be actually be incredible if it really was like a 'deep dive' / BTS look-back at her early career, where she dissects her past performances & albums. But IDK.

You think Britney would dial it down now that she's free to speak her mind? :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

I think she will be very honest about everything, just like she was on For the Record documentary. Even more so.

• Love 2

honestly i don't care at all about the gp or the success of the book.

i just want to read it and i'm hoping she opens up for real and tells her story without filters. and that's what worries me, that the book doesn't meet my expectations. the success it may have or the gp's interest in it is irrelevant to me. britney has nothing to prove and has been one of the most successful artist in History, who cares about numbers anymore?

• Love 3

I can relate to being somewhat disappointed as to what I expected to happen after Britney was freed. But thats on me and not her. Some of her videos are not my taste but for the majority of them I see a woman who is having fun and that makes me smile. We must remember that Britney is in a veru unique position that of she doesnt post ot will fuel some conspiracies that she has been captured again. And if she was to only post quotes, people would argue it isnt her posting. So what else can someone post when they dont want to post personal things? 

• Like 1

I get the feeling the book is more of a contractual obligation she needs to fill at this point… maybe she signed up for it when she was angry and now she wants to leave the past in the past, or maybe the legal constraints made her lose interest because she can’t actually tell her story. 

Or… she’s gonna blow all of us away and slaughter Team Con in the book. We’ll see.

Some are prejudiced about the book right from the cover, obviously she will never be able to tell everything that happened to her, there is however a trial underway, and we know that they can't wait any longer to sue her for defamation. I believe that in addition to her career, telling how she felt in those moments, there will be something linked to her public testimony in court and perhaps to something that she herself has already told on Instagram, but well, the book will focus mainly on her emotions, to her point of view, to how she felt.

• Love 2

idk....... I'm not going to judge until I've read it.

I mean her Instagram has been a mess through everything... Vegas, C-ship, Marriage, Divorce.... Everything.

It definitely doesn't help her image or will be persuading the GP to buy and believe her book. But her Instagram ultimately does not determine the content of the book.....

I'm remaining optimistic but like most I'm not getting good vibes for the book, everything lately seems like a cash grab.

When are we going to stop caring what the GP thinks? From what I’ve witnessed vaguely, yeah some are critical of her, but whenever those people that were apart of Team Con make any appearance at all, they’re slaughtered to pieces. To me Britney’s reputation in this current day and age is she’s easy to hate, but **** with her, you’re gonna get it back ten fold.

Look at all the people who’ve dissed, shaded, and literally ******* on her over the years. Do you see any of them getting any attention and if they do, is it ever positive? No. This is something I’ve been seeing myself so I can’t speak on everyone else, but it is something I see. She’s easy to hate, but deep down, people secretly love her and want nothing but the best for her. 

But again, I’m not letting the negativity change my view of her. Especially at this stage in her life where she’s still healing and now has to deal with a divorce which probably hurt her more. She’s gonna lash out, she’s gonna be imperfect, it’s messy, but she’ll eventually be at peace when the anger cools and she finds that happy medium in her life. Idk how many times it has to be said, give her time, she’ll get there eventually.

We really don’t know everything she’s endured, only towards the end of it from her testimony. There’s a whole Pandora’s box of stuff that hasn’t even been touched upon and maybe she’ll open up about it in the book. It was a decade and a half of this prison sentence along with two years that lead up to that moment. We’ve only scratched the surface of it. Just give her some space and let her figure this **** out. Let her post what she wants. Stop worrying about the GP. Eventually they’ll come back when the time is right.

It’s like some of you guys expect like a miracle over night and it doesn’t work that way. It’s going to take time, so give her that time. It’s the least we could do for her for all that she’s done in her 20+ year career. Healing isn’t beautiful. Afterwards, yeah, but during no. Just back off and let the woman go through the motions. That’s all I gotta say.

• Love 5

At this point I just want her to be completely honest about her conservatorship and what happened in detail during those years and how she felt, I don't really want her to mention names since that only would cause her trouble, we already know who is responsible for it. I don't care about her love life or prime performances, we already have specials and all that.

I hope she reflects on the future and where she's heading, how she sees her career and if she still loves it or wants to continue, her relationship with her sons but from her own perspective.

I'm still excited for the book, I hope she sees it as a closure of a lot of things.

2 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I get the feeling the book is more of a contractual obligation she needs to fill at this point… maybe she signed up for it when she was angry and now she wants to leave the past in the past, or maybe the legal constraints made her lose interest because she can’t actually tell her story. 

Or… she’s gonna blow all of us away and slaughter Team Con in the book. We’ll see.

This! Exactly what I think 

At that point, I honestly don't care. I like her art/music up until Glory. I was here to support her freedom. I still support her freedom. Nobody should take it away from her, no matter what her image has become. 

That being said, I don't like her. At all. She is being arrogant, and her so-called "healing process" is outright disturbing. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: Her recent infamous Insta post was the final straw for me. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Lola2790 said:

*Sigh* She can't be a mother at the moment and she isn't working so I think she has nothing really left in her life but her Instagram.

Hmm this is what used to frustrate me but this day 1 stan is so tuned out these days, even I don't really care like I used to. But I imagine she has a lot of opportunities to do work outside of the limelight - like managing other parts of the brand Britney Spears behind-the-scenes. Could she be doing that already? Perhaps. Is her brand any better managed than during her con? Nope. The brand has opportunities for merch, album re-prints, anniversary specials, all without needing her to put in camera-facing work. Things genuine fans would lap up and things that could help re-build her professional image, gain her new exposure in a streaming world. She's always had the wrong team and trusted the wrong people.

But I get the feeling she just doesn't care anymore. She hasn't really since Blackout. Any love she had left seems to have died during the con, but any care she had for her reputation was gone before that. I empathise though because why work so hard when the odds with the media/public are always stacked against her?

I'll buy the book but I have low hopes for it and anything to come from her in the future. I've accepted that her last great release was Blackout and her last decent effort was Circus. I hope she proves me wrong, but I'm glad to have out-grown my stan phase.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.