Let's talk "Unusual You"

• Super Mods
12 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

I agree, the thing with JT though is she could relate to him since both were child stars, growing up in the business and both in the music industry.

With Kevin she had her sons.

I doubt she thought Scam was her unsual you, Team con hired him and he was parading around the entire time talking to TMZ her abusers.

Yeah if Justin didn't talk about their sx lives and release Cry Me A River,

I do think they could've worked things out because based on her song Guilty,

she says she just flirted and kissed a guy, she didn't say she slept with them like Justin makes it seem like.

With Kevin, it was just pure lust which I dont understand cause personally I never found him attractive.

Sam just seemed like he wanted to leech his way into Britney's life when it was hell and play the savior role for that way she can trust him and Britney fell for it and ended up marrying him a few months after she was free.

I always thought it was suspicious that 2 months before she was freed,

she got engaged. Why didnt she get engaged before that?

What was the rush?

I also think he wanted to impregnate Britney for that way, 

he can live off of her like Kevin.

I hate to say this but im glad she miscarried cause then she'd be paying child support for 3 kids!

She dodged a MAJOR bullet for sure with him!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, princessmimi said:

she says she just flirted and kissed a guy, she didn't say she slept with them like Justin makes it seem like.

With Kevin, it was just pure lust which I dont understand cause personally I never found him attractive.

Sam just seemed like he wanted to leech his way into Britney's life when it was hell and play the savior role for that way she can trust him and Britney fell for it and ended up marrying up a few months after she was free.

What was the rush?

I hate to say this but im glad she miscarried cause then she'd be paying child support for 3 kids!

With unusual you the song brings to light having what should be the norm being unsual since most people now days in relationships are not cool.

Britney did mention why she wondered why Scam waited so long to propose and like you mentioned a short time after she was freed he proposed.

I think he wanted to trap her too so he could get money like K fed, she definitely dodged a bullet with scam.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
11 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

With unusual you the song brings to light having what should be the norm being unsual since most people now days in relationships are not cool.

Britney did mention why she wondered why Scam waited so long to propose and like you mentioned a short time after she was freed he proposed.

I think he wanted to trap her too so he could get money like K fed, she definitely dodged a bullet with scam.

Yeah I can definitely relate to the song in my own life.

Alot of straight men are just horrible and unfortunately I've dealt with alot of them. So the lyrics speak to me but sonically, I don't really like it, idk why.

Yeah I mean they were together for 5 years up until that point,

I mean I would think cause he was Team Con approved, that she would've gotten engaged much quicker with him like she did with Jason Trawick.

That was pretty suspicious.

Oh definitely.

All that "Lioness" and "She wears the pants" nonsense was just a bunch of crap.

Also tbh the relationship did seem quite odd cause think about it:

Why would a young man in his 20s get with a middle aged woman who didn't have free will and was controlled at the time  and is known to have mental health issues?

Do u want to know my real opinion why he divorced her?

I think its because he was used to her being controlled and submissive for 5 years in their relationship and then after she was freed and they got married,

he realized he couldn't control her like Team Con did and couldn't handle it,

so he filed for divorce but used unbelievable reasons like her abusing him and cheating (which btw i dont believe cause she never left the house, who would she cheat with?) and also negotiating the prenup and asking for spousal support.

He's young, he can work but would rather be a K-Fed 2.0 :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

• Love 2

to me this is definitely a stand out track from circus…i love how layered her vocals are… and okok i’m prolly the only one who actually pays attention to this part… but towards the end there is a build up of the instrumental before she starts singing again… and it just sounds sooooo magical… like it literally sounds like you’re warping some where… yah 10 outta 10… 

• Love 1

One of her best songs! Her voice, the lyrics & production are perfect. I love that is strays from her typical sound and yet sounds so natural. I think it’s a peak into other sounds she could pursue musically, should she choose to record again in the future. The GP doesn’t know what they’re missing.

It seemed like team Britney was aware of the songs low key popularity post Circus era too. I remember either Larry or Adam noting ‘Unusual You’ as being the type of sound they were wanting to pursue with the next album (ended up being Femme Fatale, so obviously they switched gears at some point). I also remember Gaga commenting on how ‘Unusual You’ was her favorite from the album. 

Would love an album that stays close to this kind of sound.

Edited by Dorian Gray
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

One of my favorites as well and it ducks it's So underrated! Her vocals sound so good with this type of music and production. I would love an album like this trance-dance-pop imo:

Before the goodbye

unusual you

and then we kiss remix

Heaven on earth

i runaway

Shes slightly added these throughout but I want an album ! Maybe one day.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Used to be one of my favourite tracks on the album until I heard just how processed her vocals really were

The whole Circus album was a mistake. It certainly doesn't help that both Bloodshy and Avant have go on record saying that she was barely there whenever she recorded with them after Blackout

I had no idea! thank you. Is everything fabricated?

18 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Sam just seemed like he wanted to leech his way into Britney's life when it was hell and play the savior role for that way she can trust him and Britney fell for it and ended up marrying him a few months after she was free.

What was the rush?

🎶you can sit there and say I’m a filthy ho3 but that don’t make me Guilty🎶 :britney-fire-dance:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block