MIND YOUR BUSINESS iTunes Thread

6 minutes ago, garyBS said:

I saw a #3 in New Zeland like an hour ago 

Awesome!  Where?  If people can help me keep up to date with the updates, just include a source so I can confirm before I put it in the main thread.  Want to make sure we are getting accurate info!

2 minutes ago, super.nova said:

are we going by iTunes now? who buys songs nowadays anyways?

Now as opposed to what previous single where we didn't?  I already did a whole write-up on how you can't even do two iTunes sales-worth of streams if you're streaming the song properly for 24 hours, so yes, the entire world purchasing the song still does matter.  

The people who don't want to concern themselves with iTunes should be working on concerning themselves with making it successful on the streamers and TikTok.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

Now as opposed to what previous single where we didn't?  I already did a whole write-up on how you can't even do two iTunes sales-worth of streams if you're streaming the song properly for 24 hours, so yes, the entire world purchasing the song still does matter.  

The people who don't want to concern themselves with iTunes should be working on concerning themselves with making it successful on the streamers and TikTok.

i don't mean this in a shady way. but like what does iTunes mean anyways? shouldn't we be checking for billboard?

most of the people listen to spotify and thats a streaming service. do they have a "chart" system?

i just don't feel that iTunes is like any indicative of anything... i think buying 2 copies of something makes it number 1 already - or maybe im confused.

also, like why would anyone buy the song if you can stream it?

• Like 1
Just now, super.nova said:

i don't mean this in a shady way. but like what does iTunes mean anyways? shouldn't we be checking for billboard?

most of the people listen to spotify and thats a streaming service. do they have a "chart" system?

i just don't feel that iTunes is like any indicative of anything... i think buying 2 copies of something makes it number 1 already - or maybe im confused.

also, like why would anyone buy the song if you can stream it?

To support the artist.  Streaming a song gives an artist, songwriters, AND label $00.0032 cents.  That is LESS THAN ONE-THIRD of ONE PENNY to split between everyone involved.  If you buy the song, it automatically gives them over a dollar.  There's a lot more to it than just that, but honestly that statistic alone should be enough to convince you.  What do you do for work?  It would be like if you sold shoes, and there was a way for people to just rent the shoes out per minute worn, even though you only wear a pair of shoes a few hours a month maybe, you still pay $80 for them because you own it and it supports everyone involved in making it, verses paying them twelve cents per hour that you wear them.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block