will.i.am kinda saved Britney's career and legacy

5 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

That's only a year earlier than S&S :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

While it was great she got another mega-hit over a decade into her career, to say he "saved her career and legacy" is a HUGE stretch and isn't true at all. Britney's legacy isn't going to be affected by things like chart positions, her legacy and status as a pop icon transcends that.

Exactly. Britney was already a bonafide legend by the time Gimme More came out. For the OP to make such a claim that a Black Eyed Peas frontman saved Britney’s career or legacy is probably the most delusional thing I’ve read on here so far. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Edited by ThatsHowIRoll
  • Love 4

You say “without him Britney’s last hit would have been from like 2011”, as if S&S didn’t happen just a year later in 2012. Britney’s star power helped the song smash, not William, don’t get it twisted.

She was on X Factor and was in everyones living room, had just come off an era with a number 1 & 2 top 10 hits, as well as a very successful tour. You write as if William pulled her out of a flop era with S&S, if anything he caused her to flop a year later with BJ.

:parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

• Love 4
  • Like 2

If he were to work on another single for her, without his voice being featured, and it was a great song, I would be okay with it. I love Work B.

Scream and Shout was okay at the time as a collab but it was featured on his album, not hers.

I DO NOT want him to produce another entire album such as Britney Jean. That was a hot mess.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ThatsHowIRoll said:

Yeah, no. Britney deserved to work with Calvin Harris, Zedd, and/or Naughty Boy. Sure, S&S was a cute winter hit that garnered a lot of appeal from the general public but it was also very disposable and didn’t showcase any artistry from Britney whatsoever. 

Eh I view those as missed opportunities for what could’ve been a big EDM album if that’s what they wanted 

I don’t agree with OP in the sense that he saved her career but he definitely provided 2 big moments (S&S and WB) that are undoubtedly now signatures in her catalog (even if we qualify them as “basic” albeit classics that the GP eats up)

Britney Jean is such an odd piece in her catalog. It has all the pieces of a smash hit album as there are undoubtedly some huge producers and songwriters on there. I think the fact it had a messy rollout, zero promotion, two singles with zero promotion, and horrific production choices that even her most diehard fans couldn’t stand by that caused it to tank. There’s no one single way to save the way the current album had been perceived by the GP or her fans. 

with that said I would’ve loved to see other big EDM artists and producers on that album as I feel the way they did the EDM vibe was ruined by will.i.am’s production choices. I wouldn’t remove him from the project, I just don’t think I would have him oversee it as EP if it were my choice. His direction was dated and there were far better forward thinking EDM influenced producers to pick from (in my opinion)

People tend to forget that Black Eyed Peas were the at the top of their game from 2008 to 2010 and had multiple top 10 in a single era and their albums The Beginning and the END, not only debuted at the top but also stayed there for years and years.

with that context, it was natural for Britney to colllab with Will to score her next big record. Enter Big Fat Bass which was probably her biggest Femme Fatale non-single, which then led to Scream and Shout that coincided with her X Factor, shooting the song’s popularity and sales to new heights. 

Commercial success wise, Scream and Shout is definitely one of her biggest hits in her entire career (top 5 probably), and some of that success is thanks to Will.i.am. 

They are good solid hits and a continuation of what she was doing with FF, but I don’t think he “saved” her legacy lol. Everyone wanted to work with her. It could have been another producer making other major hits with her. Maybe they just had good vibes together.
If I remember well Will I Am also hasn’t had any hits since ?? Are we sure Britney didn’t save him from not having hits outside Black Eyes Peas ?? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.