will.i.am kinda saved Britney's career and legacy

Scream & Shout is the last britney single that really felt like a worldwide hit that everyone knows and kinda the last electro-pop/dance-pop hit before this sound died , it was a time that felt more fun and carefree 

without him britney's last hit would have been from like 2011 

he saved her pop legacy with Scream & Shout and Work B. 

will.i.am gave britney her biggest hit in the 2010s and cemented her as an icon 

without Scream & Shout she would have flopped like Xtina and be forgetten today, like for real

Edited by Radar Horse
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

I don't know that he saved Britney's legacy or established her as an icon with S&S...like you said, she already had smash after smash during the FF era. And I think her icon status was established way before.

I was in grade school, and HIAM, TTWE, and IWG were constantly played at all the school events. That said, I do agree that S&S was also a huge hit, and I was surprised that many of my friends who didn't care for Britney knew it/ate it up.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

She’s was an icon since bomt tf and that’s not her last hit either. Make me isn’t iconic but it most definitely is a hit platinum selling top 20 song with a performance that has like nearly 50 million views and is looked back retrospectively as great(I thought it was great from the beginning). And hold me closer is a hit too…lol Britney had a few sloppy releases and major lack of promo(all due to team con) her career was never really in danger she’s a legend  …if she took a page out of Madonna book and got a hit artist featured a La  drake she would’ve smashed all over again. And SHE is the reason scream and shout along with the beats commercial. It was her “Britney, *****” that made it iconic…no one even knows his parts of the song just Britney’s mostly. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, warioaddams said:

I wouldn't Say that! 3 out of 4 singles from FF were radio and digital hits. I think S&S was more of a continuation of that sucess. Will I AM just gave Britney that fresh image for young people that she needed at that time.

18 hours ago, Radar Horse said:

without him britney's last hit would have been from like 2011 

That's only a year earlier than S&S :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

While it was great she got another mega-hit over a decade into her career, to say he "saved her career and legacy" is a HUGE stretch and isn't true at all. Britney's legacy isn't going to be affected by things like chart positions, her legacy and status as a pop icon transcends that.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.