Kelly Clarkson drops new album 'Chemistry'

AII

BTW lyrics of Rock Hudson would hit you hard if you have been following Kelly's career. 

By the way, piece by piece
I found out my hero's me

Listen to it back to back with Piece By Piece. It's really heartbreaking and healing at the same time.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MarkSzmerdt said:

To be honest the Album Visuals on Apple Music are great , She has done a photo shoot for the album and the content is great . I do get it the singles art work is very basic . I have listened now to the entire album and it’s solid . There’s maybe only 1 skip song for me but that’s upon first listen . I do like how she’s doing all the podcast interviews , a lot of lives on socials , now karaoke night with her fans in NYC , live performances on the streets of NY , it seems like this is for the fans .

her promo appears to have picked up the last day or so... which is good but i dont know... honestly, im not vibing the new album.. it just feels messy.. maybe itll grow on me... the roll out of the singles before the album dropped as well.. just makes me feel like this is a little bit of a disorganised era

I don’t get it when people say Kelly was absent from music for a long time. Maybe her newest main album was five years ago but ever since she’s released a chrismas album and a cover of the most successful musical film of all time The Greatest Showman.

even in her talk show, she opens it with a cover in every episode which she can actually compile and make a “live album” out of. 

can’t wait to check out Chemistry. 

I didn't even realize/make the connection that there were no music videos.

I like the album. I wasn't sure that I would but it's solid. I like it better than I liked Meaning of Life on the first listen. 

My favorite of the tracks that initially dropped was Mine. But of everything else Rock Hudson, for sure! That Piece by Piece tag… whoo! I'm gonna keep listening to it today and I'm gonna get a vinyl. 

I don't agree with this constant talk (I only hear about this from strictly pop music fans) that the album isn't consistent. I do not want all the songs to sound the same. I hate that. I like an eclectic mix. Those are the best albums.

Edited by ZoneGirl
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2023 at 9:07 PM, AII said:

they do as far as I am aware. do you have an example of singles released in the last 2 years where music videos werent released? 

BRITNEY SPEARS

BEYONCE

Edited by ThatWasFun
added the queen for her platinum hit HMC in which she barely spent 2 hours in the studio and made a couple tweets about for

Just Finished The Album

I can say I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would basic on promotional singles she released so far

Favorites

1. Magic

2. Lighthouse

3. My Mistake

4. Mine

5. Down To You

6. That's Right

7. Rock Hudson 

Bonus: Chemistry And I Hate Love

2 hours ago, MayhemMike said:

Absolutely delivered. I love how different all of the songs are. Full of surprises!! The last song especially was a delight.

favorites: skip this part, down to you, magic, favorite king of high, me, my mistake, I hate love, that’s right.

basically the whole album. 

Down to you is so far my favourite out of all the non released songs so far.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

I can’t get into any of the songs but I have to give a real full listen. The promotional strategy has been dumbfounding. No music video, no TV appearances, she didn’t even sing a song on the voice??

She sang "mine" on the her tv show. But I feel like she had an opportunity to sing all of the singles there... Or at least the ones she already released so it's quite perplexing

• Love 1
On 6/22/2023 at 10:18 AM, AII said:

Update: It's out!

Earlier:

Kelly Clarkson Drops "Chemistry"

Ok.. clickbait again.. sorry!

But it had me wondering... 6 singles in... no music video.. I wonder if this is a marketing strategy.. or whether each single thats released hasnt charted so they hope the next one does?... either way, I feel like its been a messy rollout... and with barely any promotion, I am not expecting a top 20 debut on the charts. 

I have to admint, I have liked listening to each song come out slowly slowly.. it gives me time to appreciate each song compared to an album droppping at the same time.. In saying that, I think its a bad look... intentional or not. 

Thoughts?

Kelly Clarkson From The Bottom Of My Heart GIF by The Voice

Update: Kellys "Chemistry" is expected to debut at #8 after first week sales placed total activity at 44900 units. This will be Kellys lowest charting debut of her career besides her 2021 Christmas album which debuted at #22.

39 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

The album is so good! Some review compared “I hate love” to a grown up a version of “we are never getting back together” sonically and I can totally see old Taylor singing it 

the singles were so wrong … I hope she releases Rock Hudson and I Hate Love

the album grew on me but i wasnt a fan... I dont know.. it just feels very incoherent to me.. the songs arent that catchy. Its a more mature record thats for sure.... but so was meaning of life and i LOVED the soul that oozed!

• 1 month later...

Been listening to the album a lot lately and every track gets an approval from me. "Mine" is probably my fav lead single from her, ever. Theres a good balance of bops and emotionally depth songs..  The album is very raw of her post-breakup and the lyrics and vocals HIT. I hope she drops song music videos and tours.

Top 3:
Down To You
I Hate Love
Lighthouse.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.