Kelly Clarkson drops new album 'Chemistry'

AII

Update: It's out!

Earlier:

Kelly Clarkson Drops "Chemistry"

Ok.. clickbait again.. sorry!

But it had me wondering... 6 singles in... no music video.. I wonder if this is a marketing strategy.. or whether each single thats released hasnt charted so they hope the next one does?... either way, I feel like its been a messy rollout... and with barely any promotion, I am not expecting a top 20 debut on the charts. 

I have to admint, I have liked listening to each song come out slowly slowly.. it gives me time to appreciate each song compared to an album droppping at the same time.. In saying that, I think its a bad look... intentional or not. 

Thoughts?

Kelly Clarkson From The Bottom Of My Heart GIF by The Voice

• Love 2
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Mrsteven said:

I don’t know but Chemistry is Kelly’s BEST album. Honestly I didn’t even know they made music videos anymore 😅

they do as far as I am aware. do you have an example of singles released in the last 2 years where music videos werent released? 

It's baffling Kelly herself, her team and Atlantic are barely promoting this new album. It feels like they just gave up and abandon it. I heard the reason she's not singing new songs on TV is related to the writers strike, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. Do other artists do the same thing? 

Promoting an album has nothing to do with TV industry and I don't understand why she thought it's against the writers strike. And is Atlantic really okay with her doing the minimum to promote new album? 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

The only official single released to Radio was “Mine” the other songs were only Gradually released online to give people a taste for the album and not for them to chart . She said a lot of the promo they had planned was cancelled due to the strike so Late night shows etc . 
but I do agree the promo could still have been more creative . But I think she’s doing the best she can at this moment . I love the album I think it’s the best since My December . 

7 hours ago, padam said:

It's baffling Kelly herself, her team and Atlantic are barely promoting this new album. It feels like they just gave up and abandon it. I heard the reason she's not singing new songs on TV is related to the writers strike, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. Do other artists do the same thing? 

Promoting an album has nothing to do with TV industry and I don't understand why she thought it's against the writers strike. And is Atlantic really okay with her doing the minimum to promote new album? 

welcome to 2023. artists barely have to promote anymore because of streaming. its crap but its the way it is now

• Love 2
8 hours ago, padam said:

Atlantic only b distributes the music,  Kelly Clarkson owns the masters, she already got the check by Atlantic paying her to distribute the music.  

Basically Kelly got paid, it's okay to let it flop, she makes more as an Emmy  award winning tv show host. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, MarkSzmerdt said:

The only official single released to Radio was “Mine” the other songs were only Gradually released online to give people a taste for the album and not for them to chart . She said a lot of the promo they had planned was cancelled due to the strike so Late night shows etc . 
but I do agree the promo could still have been more creative . But I think she’s doing the best she can at this moment . I love the album I think it’s the best since My December . 

Actually late night shows are basically being told to come back to work,  their talk shows, not like Saturday night live, they might not have writers but their comedians and can make it work. 

Their reminded talk show first, so back to work 

1 hour ago, Britneystanley said:

I think GP want pop rock from her and when she doesn’t deliver that it doesn’t do well in charts. 

For me I would have just preferred something that just sounded very consistent and so far everything just sounds really different and when you take a look at the single covers that have been released so far the artwork has also been very consistent and very cheap looking at least on YouTube music which is what I use. I'm not sure about Spotify or Apple music. And those " live performances" she did of the songs, she's used a screen grab from that as the artwork cover and I just found that to be really cheap and it really turned me off. There are some basic things that could have been done even with the writer strike if that really is the reason. She could have done a whole photo shoot in a couple of hours, even a very basic one and just use them as the covers for each single. It would have gone a long way in my opinion

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Atlantic only b distributes the music,  Kelly Clarkson owns the masters, she already got the check by Atlantic paying her to distribute the music.  

Basically Kelly got paid, it's okay to let it flop, she makes more as an Emmy  award winning tv show host. 

It's possible that the record label just pushed her to release something was it's been so long or maybe it was a contractual obligation or something. But what I find interesting is what is the record label making from a flop album?? They would have to pay the producers and the writers and all of that. And then what are they left with really especially if Kelly owns the masters? I don't know much about this topic, but it almost sounds like the label doesn't make much from this whole project, which then makes me think, Is she going to be shopping around for a new label for the next album? 

4 hours ago, AII said:

For me I would have just preferred something that just sounded very consistent and so far everything just sounds really different and when you take a look at the single covers that have been released so far the artwork has also been very consistent and very cheap looking at least on YouTube music which is what I use. I'm not sure about Spotify or Apple music. And those " live performances" she did of the songs, she's used a screen grab from that as the artwork cover and I just found that to be really cheap and it really turned me off. There are some basic things that could have been done even with the writer strike if that really is the reason. She could have done a whole photo shoot in a couple of hours, even a very basic one and just use them as the covers for each single. It would have gone a long way in my opinion

To be honest the Album Visuals on Apple Music are great , She has done a photo shoot for the album and the content is great . I do get it the singles art work is very basic . I have listened now to the entire album and it’s solid . There’s maybe only 1 skip song for me but that’s upon first listen . I do like how she’s doing all the podcast interviews , a lot of lives on socials , now karaoke night with her fans in NYC , live performances on the streets of NY , it seems like this is for the fans .

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block