Variety: Little Mermaid struggling to break even, The Flash disappoints & Elementals Flops

Variety reports:

“This weekend’s two new releases were once expected to ignite the summer blockbuster season; instead, both entirely missed the mark. “The Flash” stumbled with $55 million and “Elemental” collected just $29.5 million in their respective debuts. Both films fell short of already-low expectations. Worse, they were pricy endeavors, costing $200 million to make and roughly $100 million to market, so they are shaping up to be huge disappointments in their theatrical runs.“

“Elemental,” which landed by far the worst start in modern history for Pixar, ranking below some of its more forgettable attempts like 2015’s “The Good Dinosaur” ($39 million) and 2020’s “Onward” ($39 million). 

“Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” rounded out the top five with $11.6 million in its fourth weekend in theaters. The live-action remake has amassed $253 million in North America and $466 million to date, which would have been a good result… had the movie not cost $250 million to produce. At this rate, “The Little Mermaid” is struggling to break even in its theatrical run.”

The-Flash-2.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1
VARIETY.COM

Ezra Miller's "The Flash" and Pixar's "Elemental" were disappointments in their respective box office debuts.

Seems like predictions and analysis were true that indeed, little mermaid will struggle to even break even at this stage. When Variety, which is centre-left leaning media is having to face the truth and post it, you know it’s bad…

In other news, The Flash is BOMBING with an opening weekend less than Black adam. Serves them right for continuing on with Ezra Miller after the vile things he’s done…people won’t stand for it.

Adding to Disneys woes after TLM failure is Elemental which is flopping big time and Pixar’s worst opening ever.

Seems like Illumination (Super Mario Movie, Minions) has well and truly taken over in the animation game after Mario easily cleaned up over $1.3 billion at the box office. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Seems like predictions and analysis were true that indeed, little mermaid will struggle to even break even at this stage. When Variety, which is centre-left leaning media is having to face the truth and post it, you know it’s bad…

In other news, The Flash is BOMBING with an opening weekend less than Black adam. Serves them right for continuing on with Ezra Miller after the vile things he’s done…people won’t stand for it.

Adding to Disneys woes after TLM failure is Elemental which is flopping big time and Pixar’s worst opening ever.

Seems like Illumination (Super Mario Movie, Minions) has well and truly taken over in the animation game after Mario easily cleaned up over $1.3 billion at the box office. 

The Super Mario Movie was huge! My 2-year-old niece is in love with it and has a Peach dress. Yeah, Disney has seen better days. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

The Super Mario Movie was huge! My 2-year-old niece is in love with it and has a Peach dress. Yeah, Disney has seen better days. 

It was very entertaining. Zelda is apparently coming and I foresee Smash the movie. Nintendo and Universal have struck gold 

4 hours ago, KrisJ said:

He has a mental disorder. Do you think we should vilify everyone who struggles with mental health issues?

I thought Gen Z is supposed to reduce these stigmas. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

He has a mental disorder. Do you think we should vilify everyone who struggles with mental health issues?

I thought Gen Z is supposed to reduce these stigmas. 

He’s a child groomer - there’s no excuse for that..:trash_throw_away_recycle:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, PablitoXS said:

Little Mermaid costed 250 MM and it collected 466 MM. How can it be called a loss?

That is just the production budget. It does not include marketing costs and the revenue cut that theaters get. Slashfilm explained it quite easily: 

"Hollywood accounting is notoriously murky, but a general rule of thumb for a movie's break-even point is 2-3x its production budget (to account for the costs of marketing and distribution." So, somewhere in the range of 500-750 million is break-even I guess. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

It's called a ***ual Disorder and years of research and grant money have been funneled to know exactly why for that reason lol

Disorder my ***. Just as there’s no cure for being gay there is no amount of research or prison sentences that could stop someone from being a pe** and while I think they are probably not well and can’t help it that does not for a second mean they should just be able to live to harm innocent children. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Disorder my ***. Just as there’s no cure for being gay there is no amount of research or prison sentences that could stop someone from being a pe** and while I think they are probably not well and can’t help it that does not for a second mean they should just be able to live to harm innocent children. 

Cure for being gay .. are you really declaring a non-straight ***uality as a disease? :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

1 hour ago, Dama Etro said:

Cure for being gay .. are you really declaring a non-straight ***uality as a disease? :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

No I’m clearly not. I said there IS NO CURE BECAUSE IT IS NOT A DISEASE. Neither is p*******a, but gay people aren’t hurting anyone whereas the others are so to sit and tell people we have to do research and think of this perversion as a disorder is just disgusting. 

14 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

It's called a ***ual Disorder and years of research and grant money have been funneled to know exactly why for that reason lol

Having it and acting on it are two different things. He acted on it and you are defending him? WTF?!

6 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I guess you don’t know how mental disorders work and how it causes impairments in social and normal functioning (including violations in the rights and norms of other people). 

So does this mean we should accept every violent crime? and there is alot of pedos that dont act on it

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block