What's Your Favorite Britney Hand Held Mic Performance?

6 hours ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

I didn’t hear any off key notes. Her adlibs are my favorite 🤩 She will change up some but they fit. I love how she styled it by singing it softly like you’re lying in bed not wanting to wake the other. Everything feels off and you wanna scream but you just dont. 

If she switched it up to like an orchestra power ballad that really builds and then slips back into a soft sound at the end would be emotional and pretty.

I think she was trying to make it sound more live and different from the record but it doesn't sound great. The parts I'm talking about are the " 'N Take my hand", "AND so why are we N strangers when"

Those little extra inflections and extra words are unnecessary and don't fit with overall melody. I also hate hate hate the "after all" ending part.

I'm not hating, it has just always bothered me for some reason :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I think it's cause she sounds heavenly but then all these little unnecessary things shes trying ruins it. She has so much control in this performance but it these stylistic choices thats throwing her off key.

3 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

I think she was trying to make it sound more live and different from the record but it doesn't sound great. The parts I'm talking about are the " 'N Take my hand", "AND so why are we N strangers when"

Those little extra inflections and extra words are unnecessary and don't fit with overall melody. I also hate hate hate the "after all" ending part.

I'm not hating, it has just always bothered me for some reason :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I think it's cause she sounds heavenly but then all these little unnecessary things shes trying ruins it. She has so much control in this performance but it these stylistic choices thats throwing her off key.

I loved the SNL performance back then and was so disappointed that the album version didn’t have those ad-libs. It suddenly seemed so flat and overproduced. Took me a while to get used to the album version.

Maybe if you listen to the album version first, the performances sound weird… but it sounded perfectly natural to me. 

4 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

Whattt? The “after all” ending is one of the highlights of this performance. She sounds amazing and I was pissed it wasn’t included in the album version. You’re crazyy. :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block