“The Little Mermaid” - decent domestic but an international box office disaster

While TLM opened to a decent $118million opening Memorial Day weekend at the US Domestic Box office, the international numbers are an absolute disaster - this will mean it will struggle to even break even, if make a small profit.

Edited by KrisJ
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

What’s the problem, I sense somethings bugging you about this movie and I think I can pinpoint what it is 

Well my partner and I went to go see it in Gold Class where each ticket costs $44 and we both enjoyed it, I’d say it’s an 8/10- so if you’re insinuating I’m racist, you’d be dead wrong. But keep trying :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

What’s the problem, I sense somethings bugging you about this movie and I think I can pinpoint what it is 

I believe they were only pointing out how absurd your comment was......Disney isn't in the business of making movies to prove a point but to make money.

The fact that there are people out there in a crusade to make it flop is a complete different subject that deserves a thread of its own

Edited by ElToxico
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Maybe you being delusional about the basic premise of commerce bugged them. 

Just like your delusion about settler colonialism being a personality trait but anyway 

Edited by Rik vs Exhale
27 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

This..lol. Saying a company released a product but doesn’t care about making a profit is a very weird take..:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

So sorry but I was told this was supposed to be the enthalpy of an erupted chemical reaction we clapping on T 

Also, no one said it isn’t a capitalist venture lol. I’m saying that I doubt the cast genuinely cares how it does internationally after a certain point given that it is a commercial success nevertheless, and a landslide role. It is important  

it’s literally the #1 movie globally so I’m not sure what this post is trying to insinuate lol

Edited by Rik vs Exhale
  • Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block