Did you know these facts about Britney and "The Idol"?

First off the director Sam Levinson is also the creator of Euphoria (which I never knew) and explains Brits post on IG from a while back ago talking about the show! This is very exciting knowing her involvement and its no surprise they went with a newly savage mixed version of Gimme More for the promo.

"On top of all this, the minds behind the show have also played into the speculation by making a direct reference to Britney in the most recent teaser trailer, which includes a remixed version of her hit 2007 song, “Gimme More.” :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao::bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

I love that dark and raw energy Britney serves via Blackout! I hope this inspires a future Blackout 2.0. Obviously updated but just as dark, raw, and experimental as ever! I actually beg to differ with anyone who says Blackout isn't her most personal album ever, but thats a different debate for later. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

theidol.webp
IBB.CO

Image theidol hosted in ImgBB

Secondly, were ya'll aware that Vicki T (Britney's old? assistant) was the one who connected her with the director and Abel (The Weeknd)? 

“So so glad I could make this beautiful moment happen,” Victoria wrote on her Instagram story at the time, noting that she and Sam are longtime friends. “This was very special to me. Bringing legends I love together.” I missed that, or have just forgotten due to the never ending news cycle of Britney. 

Apparantly the show is NOT specifically inspired by Britney, but I mean...come on lol. 

So, when the first two episodes of The Idol premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on Monday, it was inevitable that Sam and Abel would face questioning over Britney’s involvement and how she might have inspired the tale. During a press conference on Tuesday, one journalist noted the “haunting” accuracy with which Jocelyn’s exploitation by the “industry machine” is portrayed, prompting them to ask how much of the character is inspired by Britney. In response, Sam began by saying that, as a “kid of the 90s,” he grew up watching Britney’s career, describing her as “one of the greatest pop stars of all time.” Despite this, he was keen to emphasize that the script isn’t intended to be a retelling of her experience, saying: “We’re not trying to tell a story about any particular pop star.” “We’re looking more at how the world perceives pop stars and the pressure it puts on that individual,” he said. “It’s a lot of pressure — to have to constantly be on, and to be what everyone wishes you to be. It’s a lonely life.” He added: “We can all pretend that everyone is looking out for someone’s best interest, but I think fame really corrupts; it’s really easy to surround yourself with myth-makers who continue to prop us up.” While the script may not be inspired by Britney alone, it has been reported that the pop icon gets a mention in the first episode. But, we’ll have to wait until it premieres on June 4 to find out more.

Are ya'll tuning in on June 4th? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

original-999-1685028008-2.jpg?crop=1660:
WWW.BUZZFEED.COM

Last year, Britney met with Sam Levinson and The Weeknd, bolstering theories that she might be involved in the HBO show, which centers around a troubled pop star.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block