Soda Pop Appreciation Thread

Hello BH community and Megan Train lovers

I wanted to take some time to just post this Soda Pop Appreciation Thread

Did anyone else love this song or just me? It was a poppy, funky, summery vibe song. 

When I think of this song, I think of youth. The feeling of joy. A simpler time. Before we knew what douching was (everything went down hill after that)

What do you all think of this song? it was a stand out track on Britneys first album along with "I will be THAYYERRR"

Britney Spears 90S GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, AII said:

Hello BH community and Megan Train lovers

I wanted to take some time to just post this Soda Pop Appreciation Thread

Did anyone else love this song or just me? It was a poppy, funky, summery vibe song. 

When I think of this song, I think of youth. The feeling of joy. A simpler time. Before we knew what douching was (everything went down hill after that)

What do you all think of this song? it was a stand out track on Britneys first album along with "I will be THAYYERRR"

Britney Spears 90S GIF

well tbh when I was younger I HATED it,but now it's fun to sing along to.

• Love 1

I haven’t listened to Soda Pop probably since 1999 and I just went looking for it and I was immediately transported to my bedroom covered in Britney posters. 😭 Time flies. I’m nostalgic now. 

She only performed this one time. Her vocals were so good. 

2 minutes ago, Politik said:

I haven’t listened to Soda Pop probably since 1999 and I just went looking for it and I was immediately transported to my bedroom covered in Britney posters. 😭 Time flies. I’m nostalgic now. 

She only performed this one time. Her vocals were so good. 

omg ive never seen this before.. SO NOSTALGIC!!

• Like 1

One of the best songs on the album

It's also part of the Pokémon movie soundtrack :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

and when that soundtrack made it to the Billboard 200, BOMT was also there, so Soda Pop appeared in two Top 10 albums at the same time

pkmn.png

Not only that, but according to a recent interview, Soda Pop was the sample they used to tell Max Martin and the Sweden team what was the sound they were aiming for with Britney, and we ended up with BOMT, Crazy, Sometimes, etc.

There's also an extended version that appeared on Sabrina the Teenage Witch's soundtrack

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

One of the best songs on the album

It's also part of the Pokémon movie soundtrack :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

and when that soundtrack made it to the Billboard 200, BOMT was also there, so Soda Pop appeared in two Top 10 albums at the same time

pkmn.png

Not only that, but according to a recent interview, Soda Pop was the sample they used to tell Max Martin and the Sweden team what was the sound they were aiming for with Britney, and we ended up with BOMT, Crazy, Sometimes, etc.

There's also an extended version that appeared on Sabrina the Teenage Witch's soundtrack

very interesting. I didnt know any  of that!! also how did you capture the BB200 for that time?!?!

2 hours ago, Pattycakes said:

It was my favorite to skip on my CD player back in day but it has aged well. Funky bop but I will be there should’ve been final bomt single. It would’ve been killer video. 

i used to only skip "The beat goes on" but I ended up loving that too.. and "thinkin about you"

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block