Normani's Debut Album Sound

Normani always stood out to me in Fifth Harmony (she was def my bias), but it wasn't until she announced her solo debut single "Motivation" that I went to her music (never listen to collabs) and I loved the song and how much of she reminded me of Britney and the pop star persona, sing and dance (real choreo).

I was so excited to hear more from her! But we are in 2023 and still no body of work.

What makes me sad is that I doubt we will get a "Motivation"-esque kind of sound now for her debut album. I have no idea what to expect now (I'm not even expecting her debut anymore) but can't help to wonder about an album with that sound.:wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Adriannn said:

'Motivation' is mf banger that deserved a lot more.

Normani-motivation GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ughh I was so ready for her to be the next big pop girl when this came out. I haven’t wanted to learn choreography since HIAM :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:, but I wanted to learn this. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AndyFoster said:

40 million monthly Spotify listening disagree 

11 million. You can't just make stuff up when i can go check for myself!!!! Like what?! She's been in the industry for ten years. It's not going to happen for her. She's boring and youre delusional honey. 

Edited by ysoyrebelde
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

I've never seen such a mishandled artist tbh. She had the potential to be the next Beyonce (or at the very least the next Ciara), but her label sabotaged her. :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

Beyoncé is behind this. She keeps her friends closer, and her enemies even closer. Bey has successfully sabotaged, Blu Cantrall, Mya, Amerie, Keri Hilson, Aaliyah and her own artist Chloe.
spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I don't think it's over for Normani. At least, I hope not. I'm thinking they're just wanting to get the album right, allow her to grow and come strong. People are talking about Motivation in 2019 but Love Lies (one of her biggest hits) came out in 2019. If she never releases an album, then she's definitely one of the most mishandled pop artists.

6 hours ago, ysoyrebelde said:

11 million. You can't just make stuff up when i can go check for myself!!!! Like what?! She's been in the industry for ten years. It's not going to happen for her. She's boring and youre delusional honey. 

Ten years as did Normani, who didn't even got the courage to release an album.
Reluctant artist as she is, Camila released her debute in merely a year.

You got to have material to have an audience.
And you have to believe in your work first for other to believe in them.

Normani girl, stop holding on to the NEXT BIG THING mind-set and release whatever you like atm and flow with it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block