S Club 7’s Paul has passed away

2 hours ago, LanaDelGeyJordeezy said:

Thats sad. He had really aged a lot compared to the rest in the group. I wonder what happened. He was handsome. 

He went bankrupt a few years ago and had to sell some of his S Club awards online to make money. I think he really struggled after he left the group and even following the 2015 reunion. 

• Like 1

This is absolutely heartbreaking, S Club 7 were my childhood.

It will not be the same without Paul. It'll be so difficult to listen to their music watch their performances/videos/shows and see/hear Paul but know he's not with us anymore!

I wish people would stop making comments about his appearance/weight, the man has just died, have some respect.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Isla said:

He went bankrupt a few years ago and had to sell some of his S Club awards online to make money. I think he really struggled after he left the group and even following the 2015 reunion. 

i think the problem with S Club 7 was they were never going to do what Steps did and do a full reunion with new albums etc. i must admit i had to eat my words with Steps because when they first announced their comeback album in 2017, i really thought it would flop. and not only did they not flop i actually think the albums they've released since 2017 are really good. and i saw them in 2021 [unfortunately though faye wasnt there because she got covid] But what Steps has managed to achieved since 2017 is quite rare, many groups have tried to reunite with new music and it flopped ie spice girls and tbh i couldnt see SC7 doing new music [even though again i was wrong about steps] and there's only so many reunion tours of the old stuff they can do. i think thats why spice girls always wait a few years to tour again

also i should add, i know people might say aw why didnt he just get a normal job? but i remember Gail Porter saying when she was bankrupt and had no money she tried to apply for normal jobs and no one would hire her because they'd just say oh you're Gail Porter, you dont need to work, so who knows? maybe Paul tried to apply for jobs and they found out he was Paul from SC7 and automatically thought he was loaded and didnt need a job

2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This is absolutely heartbreaking, S Club 7 were my childhood.

It will not be the same without Paul. It'll be so difficult to listen to their music watch their performances/videos/shows and see/hear Paul but know he's not with us anymore!

I wish people would stop making comments about his appearance/weight, the man has just died, have some respect.

PS If you're meaning me as one, i was just replying to someone asking what it could have been, i didnt mean to be disrespectful and sorry if it came across like that

25 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

RIP Paul! This is so sad. I was so hoping S Club 7 would do a small tour in the US. At one time, they were very big here back in the day and had a show air on Fox Family Channel, etc. I miss those days.

He was so hot too. Such a cutie. RIP to him!

they were kinda popular here in Mexico too, but I don't think they ever came here. 

Their show used to air on Nickelodeon for Latin America. 

1 hour ago, jonloch1 said:

PS If you're meaning me as one, i was just replying to someone asking what it could have been, i didnt mean to be disrespectful and sorry if it came across like that

I wasn't calling you out, don't worry! I haven't read all the comments here, I saw a lot of people on different forums make comments about his appearance and didn't think that was appropriate.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I wasn't calling you out, don't worry! I haven't read all the comments here, I saw a lot of people on different forums make comments about his appearance and didn't think that was appropriate.

Aw right ok. i got a bit worried i came across as being disrespectful when i didnt mean to be :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

i think the problem with S Club 7 was they were never going to do what Steps did and do a full reunion with new albums etc. i must admit i had to eat my words with Steps because when they first announced their comeback album in 2017, i really thought it would flop. and not only did they not flop i actually think the albums they've released since 2017 are really good. and i saw them in 2021 [unfortunately though faye wasnt there because she got covid] But what Steps has managed to achieved since 2017 is quite rare, many groups have tried to reunite with new music and it flopped ie spice girls and tbh i couldnt see SC7 doing new music [even though again i was wrong about steps] and there's only so many reunion tours of the old stuff they can do. i think thats why spice girls always wait a few years to tour again

also i should add, i know people might say aw why didnt he just get a normal job? but i remember Gail Porter saying when she was bankrupt and had no money she tried to apply for normal jobs and no one would hire her because they'd just say oh you're Gail Porter, you dont need to work, so who knows? maybe Paul tried to apply for jobs and they found out he was Paul from SC7 and automatically thought he was loaded and didnt need a job

Steps have done well for themselves tbh. Not forgetting they also released a comeback album in 2012 called Light Up the World which flopped but they’ve bounced back from that. It helps they have a good label and decent songwriters/producers working with them.

It does say on Paul’s wiki he did do “odd jobs” after leaving S Club but yeah I see what you mean. People always say you should get a job if you need the money but it’s not always that easy. Applying for jobs can be a struggle as the application process is gruelling and you’re up against so many other people applying. 

3 hours ago, Slayer said:

I saw some pretty awful comments on other forums when the reunion was announced. These people should take a long hard look at themselves now. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Isla said:

Steps have done well for themselves tbh. Not forgetting they also released a comeback album in 2012 called Light Up the World which flopped but they’ve bounced back from that. It helps they have a good label and decent songwriters/producers working with them.

It does say on Paul’s wiki he did do “odd jobs” after leaving S Club but yeah I see what you mean. People always say you should get a job if you need the money but it’s not always that easy. Applying for jobs can be a struggle as the application process is gruelling and you’re up against so many other people applying. 

yeh but remember Light Up  The World was just a covers album with just one original song [or maybe 2 i cant remember]. it was a pretty lazy album. i think the reason why they've been successful since 2017 is they've done new original music which is their Steps sound but up to date, and like you said they have a good label and good songwriters/producers on board. They are very lucky.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

yeh but remember Light Up  The World was just a covers album with just one original song [or maybe 2 i cant remember]. it was a pretty lazy album. i think the reason why they've been successful since 2017 is they've done new original music which is their Steps sound but up to date, and like you said they have a good label and good songwriters/producers on board. They are very lucky.

Fff I had to look up the tracklisting for Light Up the World and almost every song bar one or two is a cover :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Like 1

The tour is still happening,  Simon fuller and the band said it's rebranding the tour as a tribute to Paul, now..

Paul would have wanted the tour to go on, their gonna keep the 7 this time around as well, instead of the rebranded S Club that was when Paul left in 2002..

And expect universal music group to keep doing catalog drops of eps every Friday due to renewed interest globally..

On 4/7/2023 at 2:17 PM, frederiickx said:

RIP Paul! This is so sad. I was so hoping S Club 7 would do a small tour in the US. At one time, they were very big here back in the day and had a show air on Fox Family Channel, etc. I miss those days.

He was so hot too. Such a cutie. RIP to him!

Unfortunately living in the states, a lot of people thought they did acting, nobody bought the music,  they thought it was a monkees ripoff..

It's like steps. Their still shocked they have a small but devoted US fanbase.

Even Kylie Minogue who toured the US twice, said I think people need to understand it's okay to be a cult star, it's like very hard to stay true to yourself without selling out to American trends which labels force on European artists a lot and it backfires. 

21 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Whaaaaaat this is insane!! He was my favorite member!! :( :( :(

Alot of people liked Paul, but they're wondering if pushing jo or Rachel actually hurt the band..

Bradley had more solos than any other male, followed by Jon Lee,  Paul was kinda like Tina and Hannah, there but not really there. 

On 4/7/2023 at 12:13 PM, ItsBeanie****** said:

Didn't know about this but it's Hollywood so nothing would shock me :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Literally Google the poltergeist curse, death loomed that entire franchise.  

Started with Dominique dunne who was ******** by her boyfriend.    Apparently they used real life skeletons for one of the iconic scenes in the first film setting off events that basically led people to believe it was cursed. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.