Dua Lipa reportedly recorded theme song for the Barbie soundtrack

Cqleb

Yas! I wish Dua was more visible in this moment. She’s the only young female pop star that gives me life. She gives great pop music, looks, videos and even though she’s not the best dancer, she still puts on a good show. I LOVED her Future Nostalgic Tour :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Kinda sad we used to have a ton of really good young emerging female pop stars in their teens/20’s (Britney, Xtina, Pink, Beyoncé, and others) and now it’s literally Dua and Ariana (and Ariana will turn 30 in a few months, I thought she was early 20’s-flop fan, and nothing wrong with being 30+ in pop but I bring up youth because they’re the future of pop music and there doesn’t seem to be a new class of stars coming up). 

Although Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo are extremely popular and successful right now, I don’t see them having A-list longevity as far as music goes. They’ll be like a Cyndi Lauper of their time; respected, nostalgic acts, constantly working but never charting high after a certain age. Dove Cameron is a knock off Billie. Sabrina Carpenter can’t find her sound. She’s currently in her Ariana era with her latest song. I thought Normani was going to be the ultimate girl in her generation but she’d rather be an Instagram model than a musician. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Yas! I wish Dua was more visible in this moment. She’s the only young female pop star that gives me life. She gives great pop music, looks, videos and even though she’s not the best dancer, she still puts on a good show. I LOVED her Future Nostalgic Tour :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Kinda sad we used to have a ton of really good young emerging female pop stars in their teens/20’s (Britney, Xtina, Pink, Beyoncé, and others) and now it’s literally Dua and Ariana (and Ariana will turn 30 in a few months, I thought she was early 20’s-flop fan, and nothing wrong with being 30+ in pop but I bring up youth because they’re the future of pop music and there doesn’t seem to be a new class of stars coming up). 

Although Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo are extremely popular and successful right now, I don’t see them having A-list longevity as far as music goes. They’ll be like a Cyndi Lauper of their time; respected, nostalgic acts, constantly working but never charting high after a certain age. Dove Cameron is a knock off Billie. Sabrina Carpenter can’t find her sound. She’s currently in her Ariana era with her latest song. I thought Normani was going to be the ultimate girl in her generation but she’d rather be an Instagram model than a musician. 

I think Sabrina Carpenter slays tbh

3 minutes ago, JayTawndre Rocks said:

I think Sabrina Carpenter slays tbh

I think she has an amazing voice that’s unique and pleasant to the ear. I do like her new song, but I feel like she keeps switching up her sound to keep chasing a hit. I get doing that when you’re early in your career, but she’s 9 years into her musical career. I think maybe I write her off because she’s never given consistency. But then again she’s still very young and I get she had to during her teens “play the Disney game” so she couldn’t be too extreme with anything she put out. I loved “Almost Love”. 
Actually you made me reconsider her, she has a lot of potential. I don’t think she slays yet, but she def can get there. 

2 hours ago, Rojo said:

I actually hope the opposite, BTD is her “worst” album… Still an amazing album. 

I don’t think the direction she’s been going with the last three albums are on brand for Barbie and a comedic film. That’s why I thought it would be a song that’s more mainstream. 

40 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I don’t think the direction she’s been going with the last three albums are on brand for Barbie and a comedic film. That’s why I thought it would be a song that’s more mainstream. 

I agree for the movie BTD is more accurate.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block