If you could erase 2 albums from Britney’s discography, what would they be?

i agree! britney jean and femme fatale are my least favorite albums/era. she faked happiness so much better for circus, by the time ff came around you could sense she had just given up and, imo, tried to sabotage herself because success = more conservatorship

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, easy said:

i agree! britney jean and femme fatale are my least favorite albums/era. she faked happiness so much better for circus, by the time ff came around you could sense she had just given up and, imo, tried to sabotage herself because success = more conservatorship

You know I never really thought of it that way but you totally have a point. I could def see her using self sabotage as a means to get the con over with sooner. It was allegedly supposed to end after she successfully completed the Circus Tour. And it didn’t. So by then, she knew they had no intention of ever terminating it, so why give a ****? 

• Love 2

The only album I’d like to erase is Britney Jean. This album, even excluding the Myah Marie debacle, is just terrible.  Not a single song is worth saving (though I secretly do like Now That I Found You). 

If I had to pick a second album to axe, it’d be Femme Fatale. It’s a strong album, but it feels the least like Britney. Definitely aged, but has some undeniable moments (HIAM, TTWE, IO, IWG, HATLM). I think the album could have become more of a staple had Britney been more invested in the project. I don’t like making assumptions about what went on / how Britney feels about specific projects, but it definitely seemed like she wasn’t feeling this record, which is fair. She felt more off this era than any other. 

Edited by Dorian Gray
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

I would erase Britney jean, femme fatale, circus, blackout, glory but I would put my faves on one album;

-gimme more

- piece of me

-break the ice

-womanizer

-circus

-if you seek amy

- I wanna go

- work b

-liar

-shattered glass

- sealed with a kiss

spacer.png

I mean, not even a 12 track LP??? Seal it with a Miss? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Edited by Emil87
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, Puppy said:

It’s hard when even the worst albums have bops like imagine not having Work ***** in our lives :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

She should've keep Work ***** and Perfume without the album. I know that there can be singles with no album that way we can protect those songs from Britney Jean mess :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Edited by Red Hot Lipstick
Typo
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Red Hot Lipstick said:

She should've keep Work ***** and Perfume without the album. I know that there can be singles with no album that way we can protect those songs from Britney Jean mess :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I could never fully get into Work ***** and that’s because most of the track has Myah on lead vocals. I mean, the song doesn’t require much, if any, vocal prowess. It’s mostly just talking, which makes it even more embarrassing. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:
The fact they thought we would all be stupid enough to just fall for it is actually offensive. They’re lucky they didn’t get sued for scamming us. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, willys said:

Britney Jean OF COURSE

and

Glory (it's a great album, but idk.. is simple af. Femme Fatale has amazing bops)

I agree that FF definitely has bigger bops than Glory, but the vocals are so lifeless. And that entire era was just depressing so it takes away from the music, at least for me.

• Love 1

From her 9 studio albums...

Britney Jean, her weakest album.

For the second one, probably Femme Fatale.

I really love that album and it was commercially very successful but I can't imagine not having her other albums. BOMT-In The Zone really solidified her as a pop icon, Blackout is a masterpiece, Circus was a really good album and set up her comeback, and Glory is creatively amazing.

It would be between FF and Circus for me but I also can't imagine going from Blackout to Femme Fatale even though she probably needed the time off.

Edited by PickleSpears
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block