26 years after their debut, Ash and Pikachu's journey from the 'Pokemon Anime' has come to an end

The Pokemon anime first debuted in Japan 26 years ago in 1997. Since then, the Pokemon franchise has brought many people across the globe together. You might remember playing Pokemon Red/Blue whilst Britney Spears' debut single was on the radio and Sabrina the Teenage Witch was playing on TV in the background

26 years later, Ash and Pikachu's time has come to an end. This comes after Ash won the Alola championship back in 2019, and also winning the World championship in late 2022. The series ended with an 11 episode arc with returning companions, Misty and Brock. 

The Pokemon Anime will continue with a new set of characters, and titled 'Pokemon; Horizons' airing April 14th!

My favourite moment was when May returned in the Diamond and Pearl series and we got to see May and Dawn go toe to toe as top coordinator! My favourite season was the XYZ season as that was more darker and mature! I have many more memories but I want to know;

How has Ash impacted your life? Do you have any fond or fun memories of the Pokemon anime. What were your favourite moments and who were your favourite companions? Reply below and lets start a discussion exhale!

Screen_Shot_2023_03_24_at_9.25.38_AM.png
WWW.POLYGON.COM

It’s a very sweet and gentle ending

• Love 7
  • Like 1

Tbh I don‘t really care because Ash was always a very one dimensional character and since water is my fav type Misty was always queen. Its really cool that they brought her and brock back :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

But it always annoyed me how the anime had different characters than the games/manga. I get that Ash and Pikachu became their mascots and they had a product that they could sell. But it still would have made more sense if they switched up the characters like the manga did, because the fact that Ash didn‘t age and Pikachu returned to like Lv 5 after every season made it ridicilous. But I get it, it still worked out in the end.

• Like 1

Im a teacher in training at an elementary school and can't believe the choke hold Pokemon still has on kids! I was a Pokemon freak when ii was young, so it's cool to see them still trading Pokemon cards and enjoying the show. Made the mistake of bringing in my ancient Mew card that I got free with my ticket to the original movie in theaters to show them, they've asked me to trade it every day since.

Spoiler

:weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: lol, no.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Ash is retiring? Understandable though; I would be exhausted too if i was him. 

Also, how is he supposed to keep maintaining a childish appearance after 26 years? He must be so messed up with all that botox and growth repressing *****, his, idk, handlers have been giving him.

Time to settle down. I guess he can finally have that cup of "tea" with team Rocket now PJiggles on Twitter: "My last name is "Roozemond" "Rooze" is Dutch for "Rose"  (flower) "Pink" in Dutch is "Roze" I (almost) have "Pink" in my name,  therefore, I am THE only CEO.

I watched the last episode subbed on YouTube and it was really good in my opinion. I stopped watching after they switched voice actors because Ash didn’t sound like Ash to me anymore, but I thought about trying to rewatch through the series to his last episode on their app. Although I hadn’t watched it since the voice change, I did keep up on it on a Pokemon fan site on how his journey went.

I’m kind of interested in this new anime they’re coming out with. It looks a little different compared to how it’s been based on that preview. Can’t wait!

9 hours ago, cocodeluxe said:

Tbh I don‘t really care because Ash was always a very one dimensional character and since water is my fav type Misty was always queen. Its really cool that they brought her and brock back :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

But it always annoyed me how the anime had different characters than the games/manga. I get that Ash and Pikachu became their mascots and they had a product that they could sell. But it still would have made more sense if they switched up the characters like the manga did, because the fact that Ash didn‘t age and Pikachu returned to like Lv 5 after every season made it ridicilous. But I get it, it still worked out in the end.

I have to agree that the fact they kind of reset characters/Pokémon evolution after each season was kind of annoying. But watching the Anime was my guilty pleasure, even now in my late 30s!

It's truly the end of an era for the Pokemon Anime and its beloved characters Ash and Pikachu. After 26 years and countless adventures, their journey has finally come to a close. It's amazing to see how this anime franchise has evolved and grown over the years, capturing the hearts of fans all over the world. It's no wonder that there are so many anime stores in New York and beyond dedicated to selling Pokemon merchandise. I'm sure many fans will be looking to add some new items to their collections in honor of this momentous occasion. For those interested, check out this link to a great anime store near me: https://largerthanlifetoys.com/collections/anime-store-near-me

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block