All these Artists declined to perform at King Charles III’s coronation

CentralCJ

• Content Curators

Elton John, Spice Girls, Adele, Robbie Williams, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles have turned down the offer to perform at the King Charles III’s coronation. Who would you like to have performed there? 

T.CO

Buckingham Palace has said that although King Charles' coronation will be "rooted in long-standing...

2 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

So Spice Girls officially declined? I thought there was talk that even Victoria would do it?

If Kylie Minogue was invited to perform, I think she would 

Nobody likes Charles, and I think William is the same thing..

It's kind of a message even the younger generations artist's and the Spice Girls,  having kids of today's generations,  want the monarchs to be abolished.

But for that,  would need approval from parliament 

3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Nobody likes Charles, and I think William is the same thing..

It's kind of a message even the younger generations artist's and the Spice Girls,  having kids of today's generations,  want the monarchs to be abolished.

But for that,  would need approval from parliament 

It is incorrect to state “nobody likes Charles” because that simply isn’t true. British support of Charles as King actually doubled last year. A quick google would have told you that. If you bothered to do any kind of research you’ll also discover the majority of Brits are still in favour of the monarchy. 

19 minutes ago, Broccoli Spears said:

It is incorrect to state “nobody likes Charles” because that simply isn’t true. British support of Charles as King actually doubled last year. A quick google would have told you that. If you bothered to do any kind of research you’ll also discover the majority of Brits are still in favour of the monarchy. 

I think there's a big difference to be for the monarchy and for Charles as a person. He doesn't have a good rep. esp. not abroad. 

• Like 1

I didn't like him before, but knowing what we know about the press, I'm sure public reception has been skewed due to slanderous reporting he has no control over. I'm sure he didn't mean any ill will towards Diana. It's just he was in love with someone else and forced to marry someone he didn't love. I don't even like William. He doesn't seem like he was a good brother to Harry and looks power-hungry. 

At this point, I would rather have Harry as the King because when you look at it, he actually uploads true virtues and ideals rather than whoever is in force today. 

• Haha 3

At this point, I would rather have Harry as the King because when you look at it, he actually uploads true virtues and ideals rather than whoever is in force today. 

Writing embarrassing memoirs for money and constantly complaining about wanting privacy yet always seeking attention is not a "true virtue", nor does it make him look good imo. In fact he's shat on the monarchy so much that him becoming king would be pure hypocrisy at this point.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Broccoli Spears said:

Why though? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: I wish everyone would drop these archaic traditions. The fact they’ve successfully brainwashed everyone in support of the monarchy is sad and just how US politicians on both sides brainwash people into fighting for them :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stefani said:

Writing embarrassing memoirs for money and constantly complaining about wanting privacy yet always seeking attention is not a "true virtue", nor does it make him look good imo. In fact he's shat on the monarchy so much that him becoming king would be pure hypocrisy at this point.

Not really. His seeking privacy from the press doesn't necessarily have to equate to him living a life of destitute and seclusion. Being a pivotal figure in the monarchy stripped him away from that. His motive for releasing his memoir and bringing light to some of the nefarious actions and complacency was his way of propelling the monarchy into a future where the press wouldn't be misused as a platform to discredit the monarchy, showcasing his drive for a country that is represented by upholding higher virtues and values. Otherwise, he could just shut his mouth and live a quiet private life - but how could he if the press continued to defame him? Right? He's taking back the narrative. That should be applauded, not disregarded or dismissed.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Not all of it is archaic. No offence, but the US could use some.

rnDPvrqaGLEC.gif

JaggedSickIslandwhistler-max-1mb.gif

Some oppression, racism and exploitation? Oh do not worry, the USA has enough. No need of a monarchy. 

And general comment, not directed towards you @ObsessedBritFan1 anyone who knows a bit of history, knows the monarchy as well as the church and many other "respectable" institutions are despicable, to say the least. Their hands are showered with blood and suffering from countless people. But just as  Sallust said; "Few men desire freedon, the greayer part desire a master"

Edited by Bigno
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, Bigno said:

Some oppression, racism and exploitation? Oh do not worry, the USA has enough. No need of a monarchy. 

And general comment, not directed towards you @ObsessedBritFan1 anyone who knows a bit of history, knows the monarchy as well as the church and many other "respectable" institutions are despicable, to say the least. Their hands are showered with blood and suffering from countless people. But just as  Sallust said; "Few men desire freedon, the greayer part desire a master"

Good point. But the only time I condone bloodwork is during sacrificial blood pacts....

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.