Mel B is teasing something coming from Spice Girls as a 5-piece!

26 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I have missed her presence in the group

Really? I like Victoria dont get me wrong and ideally i'd love to be able to see all 5 of them live someday but tbh i saw them in 2019  at murrayfield and she wasnt really missed if im honest. i actually forgot  she wasnt there if im being completely honest  obviously thats just my feeling. i know i would miss any of the other girls. i feel bad because i do like victoria and ideally i want a full reunion but if any spice girl were to be missing and missed least it would be victoria 

Edited by jonloch1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jonloch1 said:

Really? I like Victoria dont get me wrong and ideally i'd love to be able to see all 5 of them live someday but tbh i saw them in 2019  at murrayfield and she wasnt really missed if im honest. i actually forgot  she wasnt there if im being completely honest  obviously thats just my feeling. i know i would miss any of the other girls. i feel bad because i do like victoria and ideally i want a full reunion but if any spice girl were to be missing and missed least it would be victoria 

She brings attitude and good harmonies. I actually like her voice better than Mel B's and Geri's tbh

5 hours ago, jordeezy said:

She brings attitude and good harmonies. I actually like her voice better than Mel B's and Geri's tbh

It's not so much about the voice for me. It's just ì cant imagine Spice Girls without like Mel B, mel C and Emma, and even though I loved their Forever album it wasn't the same without Geri. Whereas if I'm honest I didnt really miss Victoria and forgot she wasnt there when i saw them at Murrayfield. But I'm sure I'd feel differently if it waa any of the other girls because they were bigger characters. 

I feel bad I do like Victoria and I still want her to stop being annoying and just do one last tour so I can see them as a full 5 piece. It does niggle me I haven't  got to see all 5 of them. I'm just saying in my honest opinion if one was gunna be missing who I'd miss the least would be Victoria 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

It's not so much about the voice for me. It's just ì cant imagine Spice Girls without like Mel B, mel C and Emma, and even though I loved their Forever album it wasn't the same without Geri. Whereas if I'm honest I didnt really miss Victoria and forgot she wasnt there when i saw them at Murrayfield. But I'm sure I'd feel differently if it waa any of the other girls because they were bigger characters. 

I feel bad I do like Victoria and I still want her to stop being annoying and just do one last tour so I can see them as a full 5 piece. It does niggle me I haven't  got to see all 5 of them. I'm just saying in my honest opinion if one was gunna be missing who I'd miss the least would be Victoria 

I liked the 2019 Tour too...and I agree about the Mel's and Emma. 

• Like 1
On 1/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, jonloch1 said:

It would be amazing but new music will never happen. Mel C has always said even after the last tour shes nervous about new spice girls music. even Mel B said last year or year before new music even worries her. i think the problem is because Headlines flopped in  2007 they now think any new music now will flop. But there were a few reasons why Headlines flopped. 1. it wasnt very catchy. it grew on me and i like it more now but tbh in 2007 i wasnt fussed about it. 2. it was very rushed. the record label forced them to write a new song to promote the greatest hits album and they didnt even wanna do new music so their heart wasnt into it, even Mel C admitted on Never Mind The Buzz***** i think it  was like just a year later, the host said something like 'Headlines was a bit crap' and the audience booed and  Mel C replied 'no no, i agree it was ****' lol and 3. and this is no doubt the main reason it flopped. it was released a week after the greatest hits album which had Headlines included in it so why would fans buy it when they already had the greatest hits album that included it??   

But even though there are valid reasons why Headlines flopped, i think they feel it dented their legacy a bit and they are worried if they do new music and it flopped itll ruin their legacy further

I love 'Headlines' now, but back in 2007 I was like 'WTH is this?'. I guess I was expecting something closer to 'Wanna be' or 'Spice up your life' after all those years, but we got a melodic mess so I was a bit upset :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

I think they should definitely work on a new album, even if it takes years, I mean look at ABBA. They released new music after 40 years and it was massively successful without promo or performances so I don't think they should give up on that idea. Also, they only have 2 albums as a 5-girls-group, right? How much more will they be milking those albums? I'm not here for another documentary either :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

If they ever announce another tour, I hope they come to the US :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

I love 'Headlines' now, but back in 2007 I was like 'WTH is this?'. I guess I was expecting something closer to 'Wanna be' or 'Spice up your life' after all those years, but we got a melodic mess so I was a bit upset :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

I think they should definitely work on a new album, even if it takes years, I mean look at ABBA. They released new music after 40 years and it was massively successful without promo or performances so I don't think they should give up on that idea. Also, they only have 2 albums as a 5-girls-group, right? How much more will they be milking those albums? I'm not here for another documentary either :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

If they ever announce another tour, I hope they come to the US :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Spice Girls remind me so much of ABBA. We deserve 2 more albums from SG

• Love 1
12 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Yeh Spice and Spiceworld released in 1996 and 1997 respectively and they did a stand alone song in 1997 for Pepsi called Step To Me, which i must admit they annoyed me a bit last year because STM wasnt included on the original Spiceworld album and wasnt available on any streaming platforms and didnt perform it on the 2007 and 2019 tours so i think people forgot about it . Last year they included it on the spiceworld25 album and released a lyric video on youtube and released on streaming platforms. and ok this isnt really the girls' fault but because all the streaming platforms labelled it a 'new release' and it was made a big deal they were releasing it, i saw a lot of comments online of people actually thinking it was a brand new song. And i did feel that was very misleading. i felt like they sort of made it out they were releasing new music when really they werent

Also, i agree with you saying   How much more will they be milking those albums? yeh you're right. the problem is they only have 2 albums with all 5 of them then they released Forever in 2000 without Geri because she left in 1998. The frustrating thing is i love Forever and it has some bops that would be amazing to hear live but they arent gunna focus heavily on Forever because it didnt involve Geri. On the 2019 tour they did perform Holler and Let Love Lead The Way because they were #1 singles so i think they felt they had no choice. LLLTW performance was amazing and Geri sounded amazing singing it and she did Victorias line and iot was fab. But what annoyed me is I absolutely love Holler, its my favourite spice girls song and i honestly think it still sounds so fresh even after 23 years and i was relieved to see it on the setlist before i went to the gig, and they did a fast remix of it and mashed it into Beyonce's Run The World [Girls] and  it felt a bit like 'we cant be bothered performing this but we have to because it was #1'. and i know  Holler didnt initially involve Geri but that didnt stop them performing Let Love Lead The Way and Goodbye fully. and they then didnt perform any other songs off of Forever so they are basically stuck with just 2 albums worth of songs which isnt a lot. i expected them to perform Headlines even though i know it didnt do well but because their back catalogue is tiny i thought it would have to be added as a filler, but they didnt even perform Headlines

Edited by jonloch1
7 hours ago, ItsBeanie****** said:

Plot twist:

The Spice Girls have announced an animated series on Netflix. The 5 part series will document the group's rise to fame, the peak of Spicemania, their breakup and their reunion years later. None of the 5 girls will lend their voices to the series but Mel B said 'it's really exciting! We'll be watching!' :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Ur kidding, right? I can't find this info

• Love 1
On 1/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, jonloch1 said:

It would be amazing but new music will never happen. Mel C has always said even after the last tour shes nervous about new spice girls music. even Mel B said last year or year before new music even worries her. i think the problem is because Headlines flopped in  2007 they now think any new music now will flop. But there were a few reasons why Headlines flopped. 1. it wasnt very catchy. it grew on me and i like it more now but tbh in 2007 i wasnt fussed about it. 2. it was very rushed. the record label forced them to write a new song to promote the greatest hits album and they didnt even wanna do new music so their heart wasnt into it, even Mel C admitted on Never Mind The Buzz***** i think it  was like just a year later, the host said something like 'Headlines was a bit crap' and the audience booed and  Mel C replied 'no no, i agree it was ****' lol and 3. and this is no doubt the main reason it flopped. it was released a week after the greatest hits album which had Headlines included in it so why would fans buy it when they already had the greatest hits album that included it??   

But even though there are valid reasons why Headlines flopped, i think they feel it dented their legacy a bit and they are worried if they do new music and it flopped itll ruin their legacy further

I get what you mean, and tbh I actually like Headlines too.  It's still better than a lot of the basic garbage people release today, but obviously not their best. But I don't think they need to worry about flops anymore. Look at all the other 90s stars who release new music and flop. It hasn't tarnished their legacy. The only thing that really tarnishes legacies is scandals or being cancelled lol.  If a new song flops, then people just forget it, that won't mean they'll forget their countless hits from the past. It's why a lot of 90s stars are mainly throwback artists now, which is unfortunate.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jennyj said:

I get what you mean, and tbh I actually like Headlines too.  It's still better than a lot of the basic garbage people release today, but obviously not their best. But I don't think they need to worry about flops anymore. Look at all the other 90s stars who release new music and flop. It hasn't tarnished their legacy. The only thing that really tarnishes legacies is scandals or being cancelled lol.  If a new song flops, then people just forget it, that won't mean they'll forget their countless hits from the past. It's why a lot of 90s stars are mainly throwback artists now, which is unfortunate.

Yeh i dont think it would bother the fans/ i know for me i wouldnt care as long as i liked it. But i  think it would bother the girls and they would feel it had ruin their legacy. im sure thats why they are reluctant to do new music

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block