Mel B is teasing something coming from Spice Girls as a 5-piece!

Melanie has been teasing a 5-piece reunion for years and it never materialised. Victoria recently said, once again, that she would not perform with them anymore.

Maybe it will be for something other than a tour, but considering the quality of their projects since 2007, I wish they wouldn't do anything.

The Greatest Hits, and Spice/Spiceworld 25 reissues were a joke.

• Like 1

I love Mel B, shes always been my favourite spice girl, but i take everything she says with a pinch of salt now. even she has admitted before she says things are happeningΒ in the hope itΒ  willΒ so what she says isnt necessarily true. Having said that, i trust Mel C more and she has been saying recently theres talks happening, but tbh she also said last year sometime she thinks Victoria is coming round to doing it which would be an absolute dream but in reality i found that hard to believe. So, i dunno. ive always been a massive spice girls fan since i was 5 in 1996 and i saw them in 2019 and they were amazing, but i find the constant 'we're talking about it' kind of exhausting now. Just ******* do it or say we've split up. im so envious of Steps fans [even though i am one] because theyve properly reunited, brought out new albums , tour DVDs etc] whereas the spice girlsΒ just constantly tease us, then every reunion is just based on nostalgia and we dont even get a tour DVD

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

I love Mel B, shes always been my favourite spice girl, but i take everything she says with a pinch of salt now. even she has admitted before she says things are happeningΒ in the hope itΒ  willΒ so what she says isnt necessarily true. Having said that, i trust Mel C more and she has been saying recently theres talks happening, but tbh she also said last year sometime she thinks Victoria is coming round to doing it which would be an absolute dream but in reality i found that hard to believe. So, i dunno. ive always been a massive spice girls fan since i was 5 in 1996 and i saw them in 2019 and they were amazing, but i find the constant 'we're talking about it' kind of exhausting now. Just ******* do it or say we've split up. im so envious of Steps fans [even though i am one] because theyve properly reunited, brought out new albums , tour DVDs etc] whereas the spice girlsΒ just constantly tease us, then every reunion is just based on nostalgia and we dont even get a tour DVD

I totally get you! I don't even bother about Spice Girls anymore after the 2012 reunion.

I'm not really a big fan of Steps, but wow they really do it properly and their fans should be really lucky and blessed!!!

• Like 2
On 1/26/2023 at 2:14 AM, jordeezy said:

I just hope they change their mind about a kids cartoon...seems like a horrible idea.Β 

Aw gawd yeh i agree, i never understood that idea at all when 99% of their fans are now adults [i say 99% because if i remember correctly im sure i saw one or two kids at the murrayfield gig in 2019 but tbh i'd imagine that was parents saying 'lets see your mummy/daddy's favourite group when they were a child' sort ofΒ  thing]. But i never liked the cartoon superhero idea right from when it was first reported because i thought thats the last thing the fanbase wants when we are all like in our 30s and maybe even 40s now. im a massive spice girls fan but i wont be watching it if it does materialise given the fact im turning 32 this year

Edited by jonloch1
  • Love 1
On 1/26/2023 at 6:56 AM, Broccoli Spears said:

And this is coming from Mel B? Aka unreliable spice? Yeah, anything she says about possible reunions has to be taken with a grain of salt.

With that said, isn’t there another documentary series coming? By the same person who did the Michael Jordan one?

yeh that was reported in April last year but havent heard anything since

56698889-0-image-a-47_1650153565994.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The Spice Girls are set to be the subject of a new documentary by Star Wars and Star Trek director J.J. Abrams. Victoria Beckham is said to be tempted to cooperate with the film. Her bandmates...

Β 

But see to be honest, even as a big spice girls fan, when i read that i did think FFS do we really need ANOTHER documentary covering the exact same stuff. They did one when they first reunited in 2007 called Giving You Everything which covered everything about what happened, they talked openly about all the struggles etc. In 2021 channel 4 did a 3 part documentary which the girls werent involved in but it covered everything again and to be honest there was absolutely nothing that any big fan like me didnt already know. so i dont know why we need another documentary covering probably the exact same stuffΒ  we already know. The frustrating thing about the spice girls is they just keep re releasing the same stuff. its like Melanie C hinted last year they were talking to Universal about re releasing the movie, and i thought but they already released it on DVD in 2007 for the 10th anniversary and you can get it on amazon for like Β£3 or something. but theres documentaries like One Hour of Girl Power that was released on VHS in 1997 that still hasnt been released on DVD, In America: A Tour Story documentary from 1998 that was released on VHS in 1999 but againΒ hasnt been released on DVD, their Earls Court 1999 gig that was shown on TV but again no DVD. All of them i'd love to have on DVD but apparently they want to re release the movie thats already out on DVD? Its just frustrating as a fan. and the Return of the spice girls 2007/2008 tour and the spice world 2019 tour we never even got a recording but Steps always releases a tour DVD after they tour.Β 

Edited by jonloch1
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, jennyj said:

I just want new music.Β  I don't really care about anything else. Even if they never perform it, or don't even have music videos. I just want new music, because their music was always amazing. :walkoff_miss_new_york_ny_tiffany_walking:

It would be amazing but new music will never happen. Mel C has always said even after the last tour shes nervous about new spice girls music. even Mel B said last year or year before new music even worries her. i think the problem is because Headlines flopped inΒ  2007 they now think any new music now will flop. But there were a few reasons why Headlines flopped. 1. it wasnt very catchy. it grew on me and i like it more now but tbh in 2007 i wasnt fussed about it. 2. it was very rushed. the record label forced them to write a new song to promote the greatest hits album and they didnt even wanna do new music so their heart wasnt into it, even Mel C admitted on Never Mind The Buzz***** i think itΒ  was like just a year later, the host said something like 'Headlines was a bit crap' and the audience booed andΒ  Mel C replied 'no no, i agree it was ****' lol and 3. and this is no doubt the main reason it flopped. it was released a week after the greatest hits album which had Headlines included in it so why would fans buy it when they already had the greatest hits album that included it??Β  Β 

But even though there are valid reasons why Headlines flopped, i think they feel it dented their legacy a bit and they are worried if they do new music and it flopped itll ruin their legacy further

Edited by jonloch1
  • Like 2

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about the Spice Girls after their prime... After Ace of Base, and before Britney, they were my favorite, but then everything was so messy... They are still amazing, and I feel like they have so much to give, but I feel a disconnect. I guess it's life itself: Wveryone goes their own path so now they can't really push all on the same direction, it's understandable, but I loved them and still love them so much that I wish they were more careful and committed to their legacy because they really are a worldwide class act.

Edited by bitbitboi
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about the Spice Girls after their prime... After Ace of Base, and before Britney, they were my favorite, but then everything was so messy... They are still amazing, and I feel like they have so much to give, but I feel a disconnect. I guess it's life itself: Wveryone goes their own path so now they can't really push all on the same direction, it's understandable, but I loved them and still love them so much that I wish they were more careful and committed to their legacy because they really are a worldwide class act.

yeh i know what you mean. my biggest upset has always been that Geri left afterΒ  just 2 years [not even that because Wannabe was released in July 1996 and Geri left in May 1998]Β  and we only got 2 albums of all 5 of them which isnt a lot to say the least. i look at little mix who i absolutely loved and fans were obviously sad they split last year but i couldnt help but think we got SIX albums from Little Mix and a greatestΒ  hits album which also had new songs on it. They produced a massive discography over the 9 years before Jesy left in 2020. i love little mix but i think they split at the right time after 10 years tbh. But spice girls only had 2 albums then a 3rd without Geri which i love Forever tbh. But even when they released Forever they were too focused on their own solo careers and couldnt care less about it.Β 

Edited by jonloch1
  • Like 1

After bonding on set, Mel B confirms Britney Spears’s little sister, Jamie Lynn Spears will be taking the place of Victoria Beckham to go on tour this summer, thus the fivesome :jamie_lynn_grape:Β ! I’m excited for Britney Spears’s little sister, Jamie Lynn!

Edited by Rik vs Exhale

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block