It's hard being a Britney fan right now

I logged back into exhale simply to respond to this...dang, Jay, folks did not hold back in these responses. I get it, I think ultimately, we all get it. When we started off as fans, we assumed it was more for music and artistry and less for human rights. If I'm being filter-free, being a Britney fan for music hasn't been the same since '03-'04, best believe. Heck, toxic played on the radio of a Tijuana Flats I was eating at, and I became super nostalgic. Who knows what the future holds, I guess...especially with someone who can cover a classic song of theirs via a telephone and YouTube, these days. For what it's worth, I appreciate these types of posts because it's nice to hear folks still remember Britney as a musician and not simply as a legal matter with legs, if that makes sense.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, JayTawndre Suxx said:

I just feel like everything going on right now it's just nothing but drama drama drama since this conservatorship being "OVER"...

ITS HARD being a fan because everything Britney posts is negative even her dancing video and everything it's all a FU to Team Con and the industry, bad lighting, no makeup no hair done ... Awful clothes. She's not happy.

I really miss when I was younger during BOMT-BLACKOUT era when it was so fun being a fan.

Does anyone else feel this way? 

I kind of understand what you mean, I think alot of it is exhaustion from the trauma dumping on her Instagram. (I actually like her dancing videos tho! )People often underestimate the effects of reading about people’s hardships 24/7 and taking in rants even if you agree and love them. For me, her social media was sometimes triggering for personal reasons, so I would have to put my phone down and focus on something positive.

But I think we have to stay strong. Sometimes, it feels like no one is fighting for Britney, not even Britney herself sometimes. I feel like as fans it’s okay to be honest about our feelings, it’s healthy to do so. Don’t let others tell you otherwise!❤️ 

But I also think we have to keep a united front, now more than ever. While much of the press stayed hands off for the first year after the CON, they are clearly ramping back up the machine and will likely start reporting on her heavily again the longer the drama surrounding her public image continues. Don’t give up! Britney is worth fighting for!! 

Mental Health Love GIF by Mat Voyce

Edited by hello70
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

It's not hard at all I think when people will finally come to terms with Britney saying she doesn't want to work at this time they'll move on and get a life.

It's nice being fans of artists, but some people dedicate too much time to it, to each their own.

The only reason fans may find it hard being a fan is Britney isn't doing what they want her to do. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Thank you! People are so overdramatic and ridiculous! I don’t think anything Britney doing is bad! I didn’t realize Britney defended herself and speaking up for herself was so awful?! There’s seriously something wrong with these people who call themselves Britney fans, who say it’s hard to be a Britney fan… it really isn’t. It just seems like you “fans” are turning on this poor girl, who literally minds her own business, just because she’s not the person you want her to be. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Britney the brand is all she’s ever been it’s time for her to just be Britney! 

Say it louder!!! I swear people are really stupid and ignorant, it’s sad! It’s clear that people no nothing about mental health, or about human emotions. These people are just mad that Britney doesn’t want to put on an act anymore.  No human being is a hundred percent really happy or always truly smiling.  I’m sorry that Britney doesn’t want to be that smiling happy, goofy girl anymore. An image that she was playing. I just feel bad for Britney that she has fans who have no really common sense or concept of anything. They’re falling for the smear campaign and media manipulation. I swear people don’t know how to think for themselves 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

It's not hard at all I think when people will finally come to terms with Britney saying she doesn't want to work at this time they'll move on and get a life.

It's nice being fans of artists, but some people dedicate too much time to it, to each their own.

The only reason fans may find it hard being a fan is Britney isn't doing what they want her to do. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I generally agree. I've loved Britney since the moment I first heard her in BOMT, and do want her to be happy. At the same time, I listen to her less than I used to and rarely worry about her personal life. After all, she is legally free now, and she is responsible once again for what happens in her personal life. She doesn't need fans' concern anymore. She makes her decisions and the consequences are on her. I'm spending more time following the careers of artists I love who are actively releasing material. 

Basically, people who are frustrated currently can shift what they give attention to. Worrying about Britney was once necessary for her to have human rights. Now it isn't. 

• Love 1

I’m with Her, no matter what. She’s the strongest woman I’ve ever heard of, and she’s a Survivor with one hell of a story to tell. And it’s not like Britney’s given any reason not to remain a fan of Her’s. She’s probably flattered that people are still so into her after everything that’s happened recently. Everyone should be understanding that’s she’s going through a a very personal moment and offer good support, look what she’s been through.

That aside, I’m still so into Britney and her music, and I choose to think Britney would be happy that people focus on the art she’s created, while she’s figuring her life out. Stay positive. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Love 1
17 hours ago, --- said:

harder being britney, fans don't need to victimize themselves

The way im SO happy this was the first response because yeah. It's NEVER really about fandom. Its about this WOMAN'S life and health. She gave us 9 bodies of work worth of her amazingness to not feel like its hard being her fan. I get ppl having sympathy but its more about wanting to enjoy eras, looks and the chance to engage in stan conversation. Britney never cared about that.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block