Was this What U See Is What U Get pole dancing performance controversial back in 2000?

Britney wasn't criticized for this performance (because most of her critics didn't even bother to see her performances), but she definitely was criticized for showing too much belly/bras on this tour. Disgusting times :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

Miley got tons of backlash because she was at the time known for being "Hannah Montana" which was very popular character for pre-teens (her core fanbase at the time was even younger than Britney's in 2000) and the performance happened in a teen choice awards. I think it was very overly dramatic reaction though, like there was a poll and 65% said she looked like a ******** while all she did was dancing on a ice cream pushcart? No wonder the poor girl had to flip her image completely before people started taking her seriously. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

45 minutes ago, PrinceRainMK3 said:

They were not ready for the onyx hotel tour

Not even! I remember seeing Britney made it on the news because parents were disturbed over her BOM and TOMH performances. Most said they covers their kids eyes but one parent said she let her daughters see it because she wanted to show them how NOT to act. I bet those girls grew up to be their generations cohk destroyers! Express yourself, don’t repress yourself! 
spacer.png

Edited by MikeHunt
28 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Not even! I remember seeing Britney made it on the news because parents were disturbed over her BOM and TOMH performances. Most said they covers their kids eyes but one parent said she let her daughters see it because she wanted to show them how NOT to act. I bet those girls grew up to be their generations cohk destroyers! Express yourself, don’t repress yourself! 
spacer.png

and im not sorry-

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block