What was your opinion of Britney and Rihanna’s performance at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards?

15 hours ago, hello70 said:

Thats not what I think. Maybe other fans aren’t used to it but actually She has done a ton of performances without choreo (well more towards the first half of her career when she would sing ballads from the album more often). I actually really enjoy both styles of performing from her.

I don’t think it’s choreo fans aren’t used to not seeing, I think it’s her confidence and charisma? Britney was always known for being a super charismatic performer overflowing with confidence, even when just strutting or doing her thing. 

I think this era was weird because the charisma and confidence was completely gone during this particular album so it made her seem uncomfortable or low energy :( 

I meant that fans aren't used to seeing her perform without choreography to up-tempo songs, obviously that is normal for ballads.

I get what you are saying about her confidence in performances from this era, but IMO this is one of the few performances from that era where she looked quite confident. At the time I thought she didn't, but looking back on it now it really wasn't as bad as people made out.

Underwhelming as a whole, Britney’s entrance was the highlight. Choreo was a bit basic and Britney wasn’t that much into it, plus you know it’s bad when Rihanna is outdancing you. To top it all off, both were much better and in actual sync in the rehearsals.

I think it was very gracious of Britney to agree to a couple cameo performances at this show. I think everyone's expectations are so high for her. These were not supposed to be huge over the top performances. I'm glad she did them instead of not performing at all. It's a shame she didn't sing live, I'm not bothered by her using playback when she's dancing, but we all know she could have nailed this if she wanted to. Something was off and she might have been nervous or self conscious at this point in her career. But thank you Britney for continuing to perform for your fans. I hope she wasn't totally forced to do this and a small part of her enjoyed the collaborations with Rihanna and Nikki and creating fun music.

It was meh. You could tell she wasn’t into it, the crowd sure was tho.

I remember this was one of the first times she came out a did no choreography. The playback had her sounding sick. 

However at the end of show when she came out w/Nicki should have never happen. So bad. 

• Super Mods

I loved the fact they did it, the surprise was amazing, not even the Britney army knew. However, they had Brit so drugged and high on those fuc*ing meds that she was completely slow just like for the most of the FFT. Such a shame, could have literally been an iconic performance if Britney had the control

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, BUWYGF said:

I loved the fact they did it, the surprise was amazing, not even the Britney army knew. However, they had Brit so drugged and high on those fuc*ing meds that she was completely slow just like for the most of the FFT. Such a shame, could have literally been an iconic performance if Britney had the control

:canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

I felt the rehearsals were better, I remember this performance getting dragged too. She seemed upset or bother from the beginning of this one. Which is the FF era and because of the Cship. It sucks because I love alot of the music from that era so as a fan it was hard to watch your fav get dragged consistently for her live performances. The FF era wasn't a complete wash though because of some gem performances in that time. If she performed this again with Rihanna at the Superbowl it would be insane. I think she could pull it off now.   

5 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

I think the star power on that stage was iconic. regardless of whether or not the performance was lazy.

But like, wasn't Britney added to both performances (S&M/TTWE) at the last minute? It was announced I think the same day as the show that Britney was the "surprise" and will perform twice.

It almost looks Britney didn’t even know she was gonna be there :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

I don't really see how her energy was any less than what Rihanna was giving, except for the live vocals. Fans just weren't used to seeing a performance from Britney that had basically no choreography.

It wasn’t the choreography it was the lack of the stage charisma and confidence. Performances don’t need choreo to be interesting. But without confidence, you can do 16 counts full out and still not look good. You can sing high notes like MC and still not look good. Britney was known for her charisma and confidence while performing so without it, it just felt awkward to watch. Luckily the confidence seemed to comeback after this era was over!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

I meant that fans aren't used to seeing her perform without choreography to up-tempo songs, obviously that is normal for ballads.

I get what you are saying about her confidence in performances from this era, but IMO this is one of the few performances from that era where she looked quite confident. At the time I thought she didn't, but looking back on it now it really wasn't as bad as people made out.

Sorry just caught this reply after replying to your other comment😂 but yeah I see what you mean. I guess I just disagree about the confidence part. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block