What was your opinion of Britney and Rihanna’s performance at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards?

It’s pretty hard to watch. Her entrance was great but it sort of ends there. I think this was the year she also came out for Nicki and did a bit of TTWE and it was even worse. She just trotted around the stage blatantly lip syncing. It was pretty cringe, but this was FF era so it all makes sense.

• Love 1
  • Like 7

It was hard to watch. I don’t care about lip syncing the way others do. I just felt it was awkward bc it was a very low effort and energy performance. I never held it against her tho as clearly that time period sucked for her. Femme Fatale was just an awful time in general because she looked sooo unhappy in almost every appearance or performance during this album. I knew she was going through a lot behind the scenes so I almost felt guilty listening to the album during that time. It’s the one Britney album I don’t listen too much to this day lol 

• Like 5
  • Super Mods
20 minutes ago, hello70 said:

It was hard to watch. I don’t care about lip syncing the way others do. I just felt it was awkward bc it was a very low effort and energy performance. I never held it against her tho as clearly that time period sucked for her. Femme Fatale was just an awful time in general because she looked sooo unhappy in almost every appearance or performance during this album. I knew she was going through a lot behind the scenes so I almost felt guilty listening to the album during that time. It’s the one Britney album I don’t listen too much to this day lol 

I wonder if she’ll talk about this in the book! 

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, hello70 said:

I don't really see how her energy was any less than what Rihanna was giving, except for the live vocals. Fans just weren't used to seeing a performance from Britney that had basically no choreography.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block