What was your opinion of Britney and Rihanna’s performance at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards?

23 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

I don't really see how her energy was any less than what Rihanna was giving, except for the live vocals. Fans just weren't used to seeing a performance from Britney that had basically no choreography.

Thats not what I think. Maybe other fans aren’t used to it but actually She has done a ton of performances without choreo (well more towards the first half of her career when she would sing ballads from the album more often). I actually really enjoy both styles of performing from her.

I don’t think it’s choreo fans aren’t used to not seeing, I think it’s her confidence and charisma? Britney was always known for being a super charismatic performer overflowing with confidence, even when just strutting or doing her thing. 

I think this era was weird because the charisma and confidence was completely gone during this particular album so it made her seem uncomfortable or low energy :( 

• Like 1

Great entrance, beautiful entrance.spacer.png

But I couldn’t believe she had the balls to lip sync her small part while Rihanna sang live. I mean it’s not like she was on stage with Whitney Houston, she probably woulda sounded better live than those nasally, awfully produced vocals. I still enjoyed it tho. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

The way this was actually so iconic though :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Iconically cringe :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

Two of the biggest pop divas went out onstage in front of a national audience looking like they just inhaled a bowl of the finest Barbadian MJ and had a pillow fight after "dancing" around in pleather and chains and we're supposed to be like :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block