Jennifer Lopez Announces ‘This Is Me…Now’

Cqleb

On 2/7/2023 at 12:54 AM, officialmaurice said:

I know a lot of people think if something is on the internet, and has a certain verbiage, it’s fact but this article (and many like it) aren’t true. This whole thing got started from a rumor that came out and was easy to run with/seemed plausible. I truly believe if her music career was such a lie, she wouldn’t still be here. It’s a scandal that’s only sticking to a small, online community. A scandal that has been debunked by these singers MANY times now. I don’t see how this Ashanti thing is still going in 2023. 

Oh please this has been known  fact for almost two decades and we all have ears and can tell when Jennifer is "singing" and when someone else is doing it. Unless you are of course deaf.

When did Ashanti and Christina debunked this??? care to share some receipts???

Because the only thing I found is an interview of Ashanti from last year when she states:

Ashanti has admitted it’s a great feeling to finally be acknowledged for her contribution to some of Jennifer Lopez’s biggest songs. 

Ashanti told Metro.co.uk exclusively: ‘You should always care about credit for what you do regardless of what industry you’re in, it’s really important to give credit. 

‘Especially nowadays because things are so smoke and mirrors. It’s not that it’s frustrating… the word has been getting out there over the past couple of years and I’m grateful so a lot of people know and they were surprised but it’s more of a “yeah, grateful that you know”.’

She added: ‘It’s weird because obviously you get frustrated for not getting credit or not being properly labelled but then that turns into something you get admired for.’ 

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/27/ashanti-grateful-to-finally-get-credit-for-jennifer-lopezs-hit-songs-16546768/

• Love 2
On 2/7/2023 at 12:58 AM, officialmaurice said:

This joke is FLAAAAAAT. One era she worked with them on yet y’all still wanna do the “it’s really Ashanti” gag 😂 it’s time to let it go. It’s 2023 - time to stop reading gossip columns and pick up some liner notes. 

Well she should get Ashanti back at least she will get some quality material lol, after all  Jlo has released pure trash in almost a decade and nothing subpar to "her" early work.

I really like Jlo, she is fantastic! an amazing show and business woman. Extremely talented in many areas but singing is not one of them. 

• Love 1
On 2/7/2023 at 6:58 PM, officialmaurice said:

This joke is FLAAAAAAT. One era she worked with them on yet y’all still wanna do the “it’s really Ashanti” gag 😂 it’s time to let it go. It’s 2023 - time to stop reading gossip columns and pick up some liner notes. 

It's never been debunked. In fact Ashanti was recently thanking her fans for finally getting a credit. 

She sings her verses but doesn't sing her choruses. I used to think she was a great singer because her voice sounded so differently from track to track lol. 

Shes made some bops and some great videos and can really dance but she don't sing the choruses on most of her biggest hits,. 

On 2/7/2023 at 6:58 PM, officialmaurice said:

It's never been debunked. In fact Ashanti was recently thanking her fans for finally getting a credit. 

She sings her verses but doesn't sing her choruses. I used to think she was a great singer because her voice sounded so differently from track to track lol. 

Shes made some bops and some great videos and can really dance but she don't sing the choruses on a lot of her biggest hits,. 

Ashanti was paid and listed in the album credits for her vocals on two songs and so was everyone else. They wrote and recorded the demos and some of their vocals were left on. Ashanti was even in her Ain't It Funny remix video after that. I don’t care about J Lo but this joke is tired. They were all credited in the liner notes and paid

On 2/8/2023 at 12:48 PM, J45x said:

Oh please this has been known  fact for almost two decades and we all have ears and can tell when Jennifer is "singing" and when someone else is doing it. Unless you are of course deaf.

When did Ashanti and Christina debunked this??? care to share some receipts???

Because the only thing I found is an interview of Ashanti from last year when she states:

Ashanti has admitted it’s a great feeling to finally be acknowledged for her contribution to some of Jennifer Lopez’s biggest songs. 

Ashanti told Metro.co.uk exclusively: ‘You should always care about credit for what you do regardless of what industry you’re in, it’s really important to give credit. 

‘Especially nowadays because things are so smoke and mirrors. It’s not that it’s frustrating… the word has been getting out there over the past couple of years and I’m grateful so a lot of people know and they were surprised but it’s more of a “yeah, grateful that you know”.’

She added: ‘It’s weird because obviously you get frustrated for not getting credit or not being properly labelled but then that turns into something you get admired for.’ 

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/27/ashanti-grateful-to-finally-get-credit-for-jennifer-lopezs-hit-songs-16546768/

it’s been a known RUMOR for two decades but what you believe is up to you. Idk I guess cuz I’ve heard stems and remixes and acapellas and am also familiar with the process. I also mix vocals for my brother (and I get paid so… professionally). Not to say I’m an expert but if you’re gonna ask anyone…

and —>  https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRxwjx2g/

20 hours ago, Armchairrevolution said:

Shes made some bops and some great videos and can really dance but she don't sing the choruses on a lot of her biggest hits,. 

And that’s the point! People are saying that other singers were singing entire songs with JLo passing it off as her own voice. She sings a lot more of her bgvox in recent years but no, she came in, laid down her verses, laid down a melody line to blend with the chorus and kept it pushing.

It’s crazy how people think a singer like Ashanti would sing an entire song and let it be released under someone else's image. Foolish ! (C what I did there? 😂

• Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...

She just announced that the album is dropping in "summer", which sounds pretty obvious... But it's great to hear something straight from her! Super excited!! 

Not sure if it was discussed in this thread already, but she's also teased a tour AND a Vegas residency for the album, so I'm expecting it to be a pretty big era for her!! So stoked! 

Jennifer Lopez Dancing GIF by NBC

• 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block