Do you think Madonna passed the baton to Britney during ‘Me Against The Music’?

Style.

Honestly back when the singles collection came out a critic I think pointed out that this is what it looked like in hindsight, but tbh I think it’s 50/50 cause I think her career peaked before me against the music but toxic blackout and circus eras were huge. Idk maybe it was the drought in 2005/6 that made me feel that way. Now that’s a normal size break but back then it felt like an eternity 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Why is it always the queen of pop?

Michael jackson never gets thus discussion,  he's still the king of pop.

Madonna takes thar title with her as well.  

It's more than just the music,  it's about the impact of what she did..

CALLING OUT THE POPE, TELLING PUTIN TO FUVK OFF, GAYS ARE BETTER THAN YOU..

CENSORSHIP,  STILL FIGHTING THE FIGHT FOR ALL OF US,  WHO HATE RULES ESTABLISHED BY THE OUTDATED PATRIARCHAL SYSTEM,  WHICH NEEDS TO BE DESTROYED ALONG WITH RELIGION. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING PEASANTS

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Madonna successor came in pink 

Let's be real no other artist had the balls to tell an executive **** you, like pink did, Only Madonna type boss move would tell Ron fair, the f you're not involved,  get out of here, no need for insurance..

Pink? spacer.png

what exactly does she have in common with Madonna besides a ballsy attitude? Don’t get me wrong, she came into her own during her “Missundastood” era, and she certainly has bops (Just like a Pill, Sober, So What) but she’s mainly been a trend chaser not a trend setter. And she’s been making the same generic music that appeals to soccer moms for well over a decade now. I will say she’s an excellent live performer, but she’s no Madonna successor. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Style. said:

We’re talking about a time in which Madonna didn’t have to hop on anyone’s bandwagon for relevancy. Do you think Madonna passed the baton to Britney during ‘Me Against The Music’?

Oh she definitely hopped on Britney’s bandwagon for relevancy at the time. She was flopping with “American Life” and America hated her (which is nothing new) until she started attaching herself to Britney. The kiss and collab benefitted her far more than it did Britney. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block