Do you think Madonna passed the baton to Britney during ‘Me Against The Music’?

5 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Oh she definitely hopped on Britney’s bandwagon for relevancy at the time. She was flopping with “American Life” and America hated her (which is nothing new) until she started attaching herself to Britney. The kiss and collab benefitted her far more than it did Britney. 

Everybody said music era was when she should have retired.  

People said in America you can attack people like the president and expect Everybody okay with it. 

I still don't understand why the president (then even obama) was very protected and respected in general that they were free from being criticized or attack. 

It's also proof people hate political  pop stars bit mind you Madonna got top ten hits everywhere else outside the states, so where was she flowing.

Cos American life had top ten hits in almost every country that wasn't supporting the Iraq war. And the only country that supported the Iraq war was the US, she knew the album would flop in the US,  ot didn't bomb internationally sold exactly the same as Erotica.  

• Love 1
On 11/24/2022 at 10:27 PM, Emil87 said:

Pink? spacer.pngAnd she’s been making the same generic music that appeals to soccer moms for well over a decade now. I will say she’s an excellent live performer, but she’s no Madonna successor. 

You missed the part where pink is the only relevant pop star in 2022 among her peers. Her longevity is unreal. JLo comes close but JLo is still relevant nkt because of music but her status and other ventures. 

43 minutes ago, bas che said:

You missed the part where pink is the only relevant pop star in 2022 among her peers. Her longevity is unreal. JLo comes close but JLo is still relevant nkt because of music but her status and other ventures. 

spacer.png

Lol @ you thinking she is the ONLY relevant pop star among her peers when Beyonce is right there. And Britney is and always will be more culturally relevant than Pink, and even tho she hasn’t released an album since 2016, “Hold Me Closer” was a top 10 hit for her this year. Ironically, Pinks latest single is titled “Irrelevant”, have you heard of it? I had to look it up myself, it was released in July and currently has 3.4 views on YouTube and completely missed the BB100. :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

On 11/25/2022 at 1:25 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Everybody said music era was when she should have retired.  

People said in America you can attack people like the president and expect Everybody okay with it. 

I still don't understand why the president (then even obama) was very protected and respected in general that they were free from being criticized or attack. 

It's also proof people hate political  pop stars bit mind you Madonna got top ten hits everywhere else outside the states, so where was she flowing.

Cos American life had top ten hits in almost every country that wasn't supporting the Iraq war. And the only country that supported the Iraq war was the US, she knew the album would flop in the US,  ot didn't bomb internationally sold exactly the same as Erotica.  

I can't stand Madonna, but I have to take my hat off to her for going against the mainstream narrative of that time and opposing the Iraq war.

The 2003 VMA performance was a pathetic attempt to get back into the public's good graces. She shoulda stuck with the anti-war message but the prospect of being cancelled got her freaked. Back then it was the liberal woke people who got cancelled, not the other way around.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Emil87 said:

spacer.png

Lol @ you thinking she is the ONLY relevant pop star among her peers when Beyonce is right there. And Britney is and always will be more culturally relevant than Pink, and even tho she hasn’t released an album since 2016, “Hold Me Closer” was a top 10 hit for her this year. Ironically, Pinks latest single is titled “Irrelevant”, have you heard of it? I had to look it up myself, it was released in July and currently has 3.4 views on YouTube and completely missed the BB100. :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

Beyonce is debatable. When I referenced Pink’s peers I was referring to pop stars who debuted in the late 90s. Beyonce came late to the party since she was in DC and only garnered more popularity in the mid 00s, not to mention she was categorised as R&B.

oh and for charts and commercial success, I love Britney to death but she doesn’t do a fraction of Pink’s numbers in the last 10 years or so. Her newest single isn’t “irrelevant” which flopped because it was political. Her first new single this era is the max Martin produced “Never Not Gonna Dance Again” which is a bop but failed to chart I admit.

Anyways it’s not fair to be selective and compare their latest single, whether is Pink vs Britney or Pink vs any pop star who’s been in the industry for over 20 years, and Pink will always come on top. The numbers speak for themselves. Look at the past ten years and gauge their success in terms of albums sold, singles, performances, tours ticket sales etc. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block