I'm sad lost my brother

GarrettJames

May be an image of 1 person, beard and text that says '7:18 DIRTIPOT7 Posts dirtipot7 … 100 Liked by quiet_storm06 and 3 others dirtipot7 My bro-ham is here !!! Back to his 1st home wit the Fam "PEOPLE AREN't SUPPOSED Look back #fosterkidshayaralfamilv'

Six months ago i lost my big brother he passed away. I have a therapist but it only helps for a few moments then i go back to being sad. he was my support system. he helped me twice in 2017 & 2021 when i was homeless. we talked weekly on video chat because he lived on the east coast i live on the west. he'd give me advice and encourage me. he was very friendly,kind,confident, helping, energetic. he was a father of two and had a fiance. he was just a good man. I'll never get to see him or talk to my brother every again it hurts. my brother was only 35 and im 28. he was overprotective and hard on me at times. i dont know if this is allowed but thought id share.

• Love 5
  • Super Mods

Aww im so sorry for your loss.

I understand what its like to lose a beloved family member.

I was close to my grandpa but he died 5 years ago to brain cancer.

I still am not over it and I dont think I ever will be.

Also idk how you feel about religion but I was raised Christian

and I have hope that one day I'll see my grandpa again.

If you do believe, hopefully u can see ur brother again too.

Btw im NOT forcing u to believe anything,

im just telling u what works for me

RIP

• Love 2
12 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Aww im so sorry for your loss.

I understand what its like to lose a beloved family member.

I was close to my grandpa but he died 5 years ago to brain cancer.

I still am not over it and I dont think I ever will be.

Also idk how you feel about religion but I was raised Christian

and I have hope that one day I'll see my grandpa again.

If you do believe, hopefully u can see ur brother again too.

Btw im NOT forcing u to believe anything,

im just telling u what works for me

RIP

thank you very much! and i do believe in god and hope i see my brother when i die someday. and im sorry for your loss as well :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

• Love 2

Loss is never easy and I can’t begin to imagine how difficult it must be to lose a sibling. Especially one who was a support system and there for you. Nothing I say will make it easier, but I am sorry for your loss and I hope you find a way to come to terms with it. It’s something you’ll never get over but through time you’ll come to accept it and look back on all the fond memories.

I lost my dad just over three years ago and similar to yourself, I attended therapy which I found really beneficial. I went to a bereavement therapist with my mother and sister, and we all took something different away from it. Is it possible for you to do a group therapy session with your family? It might be useful. I was hesitant at first about speaking in a family setting but I feel now I really benefited from it. 

I hope things get easier for you soon. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

Loss is never easy and I can’t begin to imagine how difficult it must be to lose a sibling. Especially one who was a support system and there for you. Nothing I say will make it easier, but I am sorry for your loss and I hope you find a way to come to terms with it. It’s something you’ll never get over but through time you’ll come to accept it and look back on all the fond memories.

I lost my dad just over three years ago and similar to yourself, I attended therapy which I found really beneficial. I went to a bereavement therapist with my mother and sister, and we all took something different away from it. Is it possible for you to do a group therapy session with your family? It might be useful. I was hesitant at first about speaking in a family setting but I feel now I really benefited from it. 

I hope things get easier for you soon. 

Thank you So Much!!! your words do help. im sorry you lost your father :(

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block