Xtina re-creates 'Stripped' look in 2022

33 minutes ago, officialmaurice said:

😂 cancel her!!!

black accent lmao get outta here. 

It’s not her real accent. Are you kidding me? She sounds white in every other era. Her talking voice is fake during “Stripped.” And when the **** did I say “cancel her.”? Maybe I shouldn’t have categorized her accent by race. Actually sorry for that, but she is faking that accent.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, spearleader89 said:

It’s not her real accent. Are you kidding me? She sounds white in every other era. Her talking voice is fake during “Stripped.” And when the **** did I say “cancel her.”? Maybe I shouldn’t have categorized her accent by race. Actually sorry for that, but she is faking that accent.

I (sarcastically) said cancel her lol

and thank you for clarifying that it’s not tied to race, even though you said she sounds “white” any other time… which means she’s faking that too 🤯 omg Christina noooooo

lol in all seriousness, it was 2002 and speaking in a hip-hop-influenced tone was the norm and true to the era. It wasn’t about sound Black but about sounding street. 

3 minutes ago, officialmaurice said:

I (sarcastically) said cancel her lol

and thank you for clarifying that it’s not tied to race, even though you said she sounds “white” any other time… which means she’s faking that too 🤯 omg Christina noooooo

lol in all seriousness, it was 2002 and speaking in a hip-hop-influenced tone was the norm and true to the era. It wasn’t about sound Black but about sounding street. 

Sorry. My ignorant ***… lol. She just sounds dumb because it’s not a natural tone for her. Her “Disney Princess” tone is her. Even if a hip hop tone was in then doesn’t mean it wasn’t fake for her to just start talking like that. She’s not street. It’s like when Madonna started speaking with a British accent.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, spearleader89 said:

Sorry. My ignorant ***… lol. She just sounds dumb because it’s not a natural tone for her. Her “Disney Princess” tone is her. Even if a hip hop tone was in then doesn’t mean it wasn’t fake for her to just start talking like that. She’s not street. It’s like when Madonna started speaking with a British accent.

Exactly. People can’t help what they’re influenced by and what rubs off on them. It happens. 

Plus, we honestly don’t know how people sound when the camera’s off, even in the age where the cameras are always on. People didn’t know Michael Jackson’s “actual” speaking voice was so deep because we’ve only ever seen him on camera. Let his friends and family tell it though, he had a very different tone at home. Hell, the way I speak in meetings is FAR different from the way I speak in the break room lol

On 10/25/2022 at 7:38 PM, Nate b said:

Idk, seems kinda desperate and exploitative to go through all the trouble so fans will re-purchase/stream a (gasp) new version of something from 20 years ago, don’t ya think?!? 

Sorry, couldn’t help myself after this poster has been a delusional nightmare in all of Taylor’s threads 😂. I LOVE LOVE THIS!!! Yesss Christina. She is so gorgeous. 

It was just a b side to Dirrty, and a new remix to beautiful 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block